Show us some Pumpkinhead!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakor

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread like this using the forum's search tool so I figured it wouldn't hurt to start one. If you have anything Pumpkinhead-related, post it all here. I'll start with my collection (I'm sure I've posted most of these here before but figured I'd include everything for sake of completion).

Original 1987 DEG Pumpkinhead theatrical release poster (these were placed in theatres for the film's proposed October 1987 release until DEG filed for bankruptcy and the film was then slated for a limited release in October 1988 under MGM):

hxLfYpV.png

1998/99 McFarlane Movie Maniacs Pumpkinhead figure:

zGxMV35.png

2006 SOTA Toys Mega Scale Now Playing Pumpkinhead figure:

Up5HlyM.png

2012 Don Post Studios Pumpkinhead mask and hands set (my understanding is that prior to DPS being taken over by Gemmy, these were officially cancelled for the 2012 lineup by DPS, and now only a handful of production copies remain):

tOhfHCR.png

2014 Scream Factory Pumpkinhead poster (these were included with early run copies of the Blu-ray):

E2lJngG.png

I bought this model, but I haven't gotten around to having it painted yet. Does anyone have any recommendations for good painters? I've never commissioned this sort of thing before.

What's the name/maker of this model?

Does anyone have any recommendations for good painters? I've never commissioned this sort of thing before.

Joe Dunaway (mangrasshopper here on the forums) has done some absolutely outstanding repaints of the SOTA figure and the SSC maquette, although I don't know if he has ever done this specific model. Joe is the best Pumpkinhead painter out there IMHO. :)

Joe Dunaway (mangrasshopper here on the forums) has done some absolutely outstanding repaints of the SOTA figure and the SSC maquette, although I don't know if he has ever done this specific model. Joe is the best Pumpkinhead painter out there IMHO. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out his website; I think I could spend hours looking at all the various model kits he's painted. Fantastic stuff.

Life size Pumpkinhead bust by Hell resin and painted by John allied.

42984b93884e2b6f1bb0fde4af284ef0.jpg
a059afeed51e10c8ea884f5882b15956.jpg

8330dcdbcba8a5ceeb0efb87fc02d89c.jpg

Last edited:
Added another shot from a different angle. Yeah, John did a GREAT job on the paint. I even contacted him and told him my thoughts since I bought it second hand.

That 3rd pic you added shows off the awesome sculpt much better than the other pics.
Thanks for sharing!

Back