IKEA Billy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whishey

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Anyone use the Ikea Billy for displaying. Pros/Cons? I think the blue might be too small
18c5d53d55704b9b9d67bc3669d1a392.jpg
b88ba78e27488b683b75c49caa921988.jpg
7bb3607f91729b548d4f92af65709c7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Can you adjust the shelves in those Billy Book cases? I think I want to get one if you can do that. I want to put my Quarter scale figures in there.

They use to offer a Billy with a 15" deep shelf. I have two of those and like them. Newer ones are too shallow (10" deep shelf) for my displays. Also, unless they changed something recently, you can't adjust the shelf in the middle. That one is fixed.

This weekend I was able to pick up two sets of the Morliden glass doors for the Billy Bookcases.

Looking forward to setting them up and finally getting a number of figures out of their boxes and on display.

The only issue/challenge with the Billy's is that they are not very deep. If you are positioning figures with some behind others, the shelf can look overly crowded very quickly. But I love my Billy/Morliden setup.

The only issue/challenge with the Billy's is that they are not very deep. If you are positioning figures with some behind others, the shelf can look overly crowded very quickly.

Has anyone tried putting a billy in front of another, with the back-panel removed from the front billy? This would essential double the depth of the billy. I once considered this idea when thinking of lining a wall with billys but half the wall indents back about a foot.

The only issue I can see is the shelves themselves. They are not flush with the frame, so if you put 2 Billys (one in front of the other) there will be a sizeable gap between the shelves themselves. In other words, where the 2 shelves join (so to speak) there will be a gap between each shelf for the entire width of the shelf

Here’s what mine looks like:

3eee28092fdf39c107af0e5dde31362f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back