Help with Crafting a Hoth landscape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qrest Fourstar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all, I want to create a Snowscape so I can display all my Hoth figures. Could one of you be so kind as to direct me to a good youtube video(there's so many) or give a few pointers as to how to do this? I have a piece of styrofoam cut to the size I need but think I would be better suited to change over to the pink foam insulation instead.

Check with Rook on the board. He used to shoot photos for Sideshow and has come up with some things for his shoots.

Ive been looking at doing the same thing. I've been looking at a lot of model train and gaming terrain tutorials. I have never actual built a diorama though.

Ive been looking at doing the same thing. I've been looking at a lot of model train and gaming terrain tutorials. I have never actual built a diorama though.

This is on my list of stuff to do and I think you are right on looking into the model train stuff, some guys have made great looking snow layouts. I did a bit of research awhile back and a lot of train guys use a product called sculpt a mold to make snow terrain. It's available on Amazon.

Go check out what Ahab just posted on the Ht Snowtrooper thread pg. 215

That diorama of his is incredible. A Hoth diorama is second on my list to do but I'm attempting a relatively straightforward Death Star corridor first. This thread could be very well timed for the Hoth version depending on what my first turns out like.

Back