You should be ashamed SS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
Another week passes, another week with no LOTR announcements. I can deal with the 12", it's only been 4 months since Faramir and it looks like we'll be averaging 3-4 a year. Whatever, it is what it is. You'll kill the line before it gets started because Gentle Giant's busts will pass you in a few short weeks and the number of people bailing on this line will continue to multiply.

But we are going on 15 ****ing months since the last LOTR announcement. And I have a gut feeling we'll have to wait more than a few weeks after the announcement until we have it in hand. It's all too probable that we'll have to go a year between releases (it should be longer but you decided to have Frodo come out about a year after he was announced). I don't care what type of production issues or whatever other BS you want to pass on us, this is rediculous! Even if we're to assume you started the PF we're all waiting on the day Frodo was announced (which as we've been told isn't the case since there are always several in the works at different stages), are you telling me you can't get a PF figure through in 15 months? If so, please let me know so I can sell the two I currently have and invest my money elsewhere.

The most frustrating part is that this has the potential to be the best line you've ever done. Between the characters, sculpts, clothing, and accessories this line can blow even the Marvel line away.

Would it kill you to start giving us teasers? Let us know what movie the character's from, good or evil, anything. I'd like to end this with something witty but I'm too tired and frustrated to put the effort into it. Kinda like how SS's too tired to put any effort in the LOTR lines.

Thats it Sideshow... In the corner... NOW!!!

bakipp3.jpg

Agreed. :monkey2

The sad thing is that even with all the excuses SS has given about the delays there are still several characters that cound be done that didn't need armor etc.

Gandalf would be a good and easy choice for a PF IMO. No Armor needed at all :monkey3

Darth Loki said:
But we are going on 15 ****ing months since the last LOTR announcement.

I dont collect LOTR PF, but I have admit, this is a LONG time!!!

WTF SS????

Bonehead15 said:
Agreed. :monkey2

The sad thing is that even with all the excuses SS has given about the delays there are still several characters that cound be done that didn't need armor etc.

Gandalf would be a good and easy choice for a PF IMO. No Armor needed at all :monkey3

From everything I've heard, neither of the two characters that are close to being shown are armored. This has been secretely frustrating me even more than most people. But now you can all join in my frustration.

At least I have Marvel to count on :D

No comment.

Oh wait!! That was a comment!

In that case, I might as well jump in here.

I can't believe that we've gone this long without a preview or hint about the next piece. I would have bet good money that we were going to see the next one at Toy Fair this year. Now it's nearly April and still nothing.

It is extremely difficult to remain excited about a line that has been dormant for so long. There are so many posssibilities--but they remain nothing but possibilities. At this rate, it is becoming obvious that this will never be a thriving line, and they will only scratch the surface when it comes to the different characters that could be done in this format. Many of the figures we imagined when the line was first announced will simply never come to pass and it's a shame. I'm not quite to the point of selling the two I have, but you start to wonder how much space you should devote to a line with no momentum.

Venting done!

Now we continue the long, slow crawl towards the next release...

I don't think people will collect this "line". They'll cherry pick a few releases here and there.

It has become clear that LOTR is as important as Buffy, the Horror line, Bond, Terminator, etc.

It is not in the same league as SW or Marvel. THAT is why people are so disappointed because they still view it as it used to be. The once premiere line has taken a huge backseat to the other 2 licenses.

:monkey2

I love PF too much to dump what I have and although it saddens me as each week passes without any love for LotR PF, I have dropped the 12" line and replaced it with GG Busts. I didn't think I would and I'm still not enamored with GG but at least I know there will be a lot of relatively inexpensive busts to keep LotR collecting interesting.

I just hope that I don't miss an announcement for a new PF if it ever happens. I find myself spending a whole lot less time perusing the boards now that the PF line seems to be dead, or dying, or whatever you call this. I just don't think SS loves us LOTR collectors anymore. I don't think the money is there that they want, so SW and Marvel are taking the artists and sculptors and LOTR is on the back shelf. Oh well, I'm saving money, wondering what to do with the 2 PFs I have and disappointed in the way SS is treating, or not, the Loyal LOTR collectors. Seems we've all gone from being courted by the SS folks to being ignored, and that doesn't sit real well. Ok, that's my rant.

Is this possible??? Sideshow lowers the market value and interest of their WETA line (Notice SS/WETA LOTR values has dropped like a stone over the last few months?) so their PF LOTR line value and interest increases. People are waiting every week for an announcement that never comes. Could the anticipation be any greater for a LOTR product than the next one coming? (If there is one) :confused:

You know what irks me the most. We know that Sideshow reads these posts, there is no doubt, but they choose to remain in silence. Where is Dusty now? Hmmm? Or anyone else for that matter? Do we not matter? IS that it...it is WE that support the company, it is WE that buy the product, are We not worthy of an explanation, an announcement of some sort. Why are we ignored completely. Would it kill you to say something to give us some hope.
I understand fully that one can run into some problems durring production, but 15 months is not a problem its a down right catastrophe. Have aliens abducted the production Facility? What the %^&@ is going on?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Darth Loki said:
The most frustrating part is that this has the potential to be the best line you've ever done. Between the characters, sculpts, clothing, and accessories this line can blow even the Marvel line away.
Boy, aint that the truth!

What a shame....It's just a shame...
Sad, really...
So, sad.

I don't understand this. Sideshow has specifically left hints about the line, and have related their continued perpetuation of it, and yet we have no evidence whatsoever beyond a few token clues. I'm not angry, but I feel lost as a collector--I don't want to pester them with railings and complaints, but I don't want to let it drop either--even with Faramir. There's at least the Fellowship to complete in the 1/6 line, and there are only 2 PF figures so far. Everything seems so uncertain. And yet........

.......some things are certain.............

Back