Megazone 23 by Arcadia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wah

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure the details but saw this posted on their Facebook page of Arcadia toys. It's from the anime Megazone 23. I'm a fan of it so this intrigues me.

IMG_0074.JPG
IMG_0075.JPG

Probably a straight re-release of the Yamato version from 2005 or so.

Old Yamato one is all plastic and was 1/15 scale
This one is 1/24 scale partial diecast toy
142054a9qr79kkze2d932z.jpg

They are also planning other ones in the same 1/24 scale
20170730_132319.jpg

Wait....this thing is damn near $300 for a toy smaller than a GI Joe??

That's ludicrous. And apparently it doesn't matter what I think cause lonely otaku men with the cash to burn will buy these. So the market can bear the price, so it'll just continue. But damn. That's just insane. There's simply no way to justify that kind of price tag for a toy that small.

Wait....this thing is damn near $300 for a toy smaller than a GI Joe??

That's ludicrous. And apparently it doesn't matter what I think cause lonely otaku men with the cash to burn will buy these. So the market can bear the price, so it'll just continue. But damn. That's just insane. There's simply no way to justify that kind of price tag for a toy that small.

Depends on how good the engineering and quality is, in my opinion. The Garland is not exactly the size of a normal bike either, so it'll probably be a little larger than 1/24 makes it sound.

Back