Spare/replacement 1/6 heads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judgemebymysize

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before - new collector here. Where do you folks go for your (good quality) spare 1/6 heads?

Is it off to eBay, or can you buy them directly from the manufacturer?

Personally, I hate spare heads. Spare heads triggers a compulsion for me to find a body and clothes for it. Look at those darn HT Terminator figures, they give you two heads for one body, does that make any sense? No! They want you to buy another, and another until you realized you have 8 Schwarzeneggers, does that sound healthy to you?

Haha! I think 8 Schwarzeneggers is the dictionary definition of health! An Arnie Army, if you will.

Nah the reason I ask is because I want a back-up head for my new Rey HT set. She has a troublesome headscarf that I want to put on, but I'm terrified of breaking the delicate bits of hair either side of her face. It's purely so I can display her in her Scavenger gear as an alternative.

Haha! I think 8 Schwarzeneggers is the dictionary definition of health! An Arnie Army, if you will.

Nah the reason I ask is because I want a back-up head for my new Rey HT set. She has a troublesome headscarf that I want to put on, but I'm terrified of breaking the delicate bits of hair either side of her face. It's purely so I can display her in her Scavenger gear as an alternative.

Well, I've wanted a second Rey head for the scavenger wrap. But because her face will be covered I'm good with getting a KO (maybe) and willing to order from the 'bay (Asian sellers with good reps) or U.S. sellers, depending.

If I want genuine parted-out HTs pretty much the same drill - most recently picked up a WS Civil War body parted out from Hong Kong seller. So, basically, E-bay. (I was so happy with the BP sculpt and super fast ship and careful packing from onesixthkit I'd definitely order from them again.)

So far haven't been burned by anyone, U.S. or other re 1/6 parts. Sometimes from China it takes a while. But I've had better communication with some Asian sellers than U.S. sellers. Usually I look at their entire store as you can kind of tell what a seller "specializes" in - HT parts, weapons, lots of Phicen, *anything goes*, and so on. Sometimes KO heads are off-proportioned for an HT body so you may want to go to a reputable seller who "specializes" in HT, has been around a while, and just pay vs. getting a head that may be too big or needs a peg or whatever.

I've messed around with KOs and third party but IMO so far for me HT is still the best, and KOs have been a learning experience.:lol

Thanks for the great advice, Sassafras! I'd be happy with a good KO for my Scavenger Rey - I don't want to cover her face fully though, so I'd still like it to be somewhat decent. I hadn't considered replacement heads being different sizes so thanks for the heads up on that. I don't mind ordering from Asia and waiting, I'll have a look on The Bay and see what I can find. Cheers!

Thanks for the great advice, Sassafras! I'd be happy with a good KO for my Scavenger Rey - I don't want to cover her face fully though, so I'd still like it to be somewhat decent. I hadn't considered replacement heads being different sizes so thanks for the heads up on that. I don't mind ordering from Asia and waiting, I'll have a look on The Bay and see what I can find. Cheers!

Welcome:)! Yeah, my KO Black Widow head was too big for an HT - LOL I learned fast. IMO depending - for some things just better paying and getting the HT...but IMO KOs are great for playing around with kitbashing and customs.

Good luck! at some point I am going to get another Rey head myself - too busy messing with my Marvel figs at the moment.:cool: For me tho I think I might be willing to do a KO, as I like the whole face covered look. For that don't think it's worth another HT and it's just to have the option.

Back