Hot Toys Daredevil Video Review By Jon Deak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer about the articulation. Now I'm kinda worried about the Homecoming suit for Spidey having the same issues.

Would love to see some pics once you get him posed though. I'd hope you can get him in just kind of a semi-bent knee prowling pose with his clubs

In the video, both lower head sculpts look off. But the reviewer says the camera, for some reason, doesn't quite capture the likeness - which he says is spot on for both. Good review, still looking forward to this figure!

I think thats because the headsculpts are off :p Also the fact that he has this weird nose bulb thing sticking out makes it look funny. In the show only a tiny bit of his nose is visible.

A Hot toys fanboy where every review is Amazing and perfect is not a true review.

I dont understand why some of these reviewers feel need to have own thread instead just sharing in correct thread. :dunnoJust so can promote lame youtube channel & toned down fake FB group and make money off its viewers or try to be popular youtube reviewer. Articulation sucks and Daredevil has mom jeans and battle damaged cowl should've been include instead need to buy punisher if want battle damaged mask. ONE OF THE most boring reviewers on youtube. hmmmkay.

And yet he's doing something he loves and enjoys instead of ****posting on a forum like a jackass. :huh

It'd be nice and useful to compare DD to another HT figure so that we could see how tall he actually is and better understand why his proportions seem off.

What's sad is that they've used prototype figure for instruction manual shots and it's sooo painfully obvious how much better it looks in comparison to what we're getting from the box. :(

Bummer about the articulation. Now I'm kinda worried about the Homecoming suit for Spidey having the same issues.

Would love to see some pics once you get him posed though. I'd hope you can get him in just kind of a semi-bent knee prowling pose with his clubs

It definitely could have had better articulation but unfortunately the suit restricts the body way too much. Thanks for checking out my review :)

In the video, both lower head sculpts look off. But the reviewer says the camera, for some reason, doesn't quite capture the likeness - which he says is spot on for both. Good review, still looking forward to this figure!

For some reason nothing I did could capture the head sculpt properly. I tried with three cameras and all three kept making the face look chubby. I think it might have to do with the lines in the jaw line and the separation line in the nose area. I can confirm in hand the figures faceplates look very much like Charlie Cox. Thanks for tuning into my video!

And yet he's doing something he loves and enjoys instead of ****posting on a forum like a jackass. :huh

haha thank you! I love the hobby & enjoy making these videos for fun when I have some spare time. :)

It'd be nice and useful to compare DD to another HT figure so that we could see how tall he actually is and better understand why his proportions seem off.

What's sad is that they've used prototype figure for instruction manual shots and it's sooo painfully obvious how much better it looks in comparison to what we're getting from the box. :(

Great Idea! I might have to do a comparison video! Thanks for the suggestion :)

Lets jump ahead and just do NOT Need a new thread for all your reviews ,just post in correct thread. So when you get hot toys Punisher post your review in that thread or ghostbusters review in ghostbusters thread. Its EXCESSIVE and not needed a New thread for every damn review you feel need to post.
Other people create new threads for their reviews and nobody says a word, so I think it's ok.

As for the figure, it would be something I would get if infinity war was done and over with. But that alone keeps me on the wait and see side since I'm not sure what I'll be ordering. I do like the display stand though. I'm also interested to know if the daredevil head that comes with the punisher will work on this?

Other people create new threads for their reviews and nobody says a word, so I think it's ok.

As for the figure, it would be something I would get if infinity war was done and over with. But that alone keeps me on the wait and see side since I'm not sure what I'll be ordering. I do like the display stand though. I'm also interested to know if the daredevil head that comes with the punisher will work on this?

But see? Now we're all just chatting about the figure here instead of chatting about him in the proper thread. I fully agree, reviews should be posted in the figures proper thread. No dig at Jon what so ever, many have done it before him, but it is self serving and really just messes up the forum and splits up the figure chatter.

But see? Now we're all just chatting about the figure here instead of chatting about him in the proper thread. I fully agree, reviews should be posted in the figures proper thread. No dig at Jon what so ever, many have done it before him, but it is self serving and really just messes up the forum and splits up the figure chatter.
Maybe this debate deserves its own thread? :) I don't care about clutter on a public forum for dolls, it's really not a big deal. :)

Whatever im done on ignore list enjoy your boring extra thread reviews.

He must be a rival reviewer and clearly Jon Deak's reviewers are getting more steam. :rotfl

The irony highlander1 is that if you keep replying to this thread you will keep bumping it to the top and keeping it relevant. :lol

He must be a rival reviewer and clearly Jon Deak's reviewers are getting more steam. :rotfl

The irony highlander1 is that if you keep replying to this thread you will keep bumping it to the top and keeping it relevant. :lol

If he's complaining about something as petty as someone posting a review, do you really think he understands "bumping up the thread with this comments"? :lol:lol

Nobody gives grief to Optibotimus or Budget Stark for his new thread reviews or videos. Why the hate on this guy?

Nobody gives me grief? That's false. I get it from time to time. However. Dave (the site owner) has said for me to post new threads. The thread is meant as an extension of the original thread. It allows people to find it instantly instead of a multi page thread that will get lost very quickly in the shuffle of someone that just comes onto the boards quickly to find something they want. Either way, people that complain don't have much of a say because as i mentioned, the owner said to do it this way.

Back