Is Asmus going to produce rooted hair versions of Pippin and Merry?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asgardianboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everybody.
Somehow, a certain piece of knowledge has been operating in my head for some time now, by virtue of which Asmus would be readying rooted-hair versions of the Pippin and Merry headsculpts. They would be part of a slim re-release of the pair of figures.

Because of completely unrelated matters, I have recently contacted an Asmus representative who, when asked about this issue, has stated that Asmus has no plans to do such re-release. No rooted hair for Merry and Pipp. Never. Only a facelift.

I have started to think that I mistook M&P's re-release with Frodo and Sam's. It is certain that a rooted-hair re-release for the latter 2 is already underway, in slim fashion.

BUT the same representative denies any intention for Asmus to make Faramir, while our Mr. Asmus has even asked around here whether we would like rooted or sculpted hair (which would at least show plans to make Faramir do exist). So: maybe this representative is not that knowledgeable after all...

Can anybody shed more light on this issue, and in so doing provide all the evidence related to these upcoming re-releases?

I really hope for Mr. Asmus' intervention here, too......

Regards,
m.

I never heard that either. And I don't think it would look good at all -- heads two small, hair too short.

This thread strikes me as a back-handed way of asking.

As one of the more vocal advocates for rooted hair (or at least haired figures, don't care if its rooted or punched or whatever process that looks good) I can say without a doubt that haired Hobbits have never been discussed.

Faramir has only been a loose discussion on which outfit is most desired by fans (Ranger won hands down).

The only figures that have had any further discussion (beyond Gimli) with more than a likely hood of being done are Sauron (confirmed in the works) Uruk Hai (possibly Lurtz but this was some time ago and I don't think we saw WIP pictures of anything so not sure how this has progressed if at all) and Éomer (we have seen a WIP head sculpt).

Slim re-releases have been confirmed for all four Hobbits with new sculpts but no confirmation on accessory/outfit load outs for any of them, nor a time frame of release. Discussion about a possible re-tooled sculpt for both Gandalf versions have come up but no confirmation or time frame has been provided (nor whether this would be stand alone head purchase or a Slim re-release for Grey or White.

That is all we know at this point. Fellowship is down to one pre-order to go to be complete and then the above mentioned figures in the pipeline. We will see what transpires from there.

Good summary Travis! The only thing to add is they have discussed offering up haired and sculpted Boromir sculpts as a stand alone item so if you want both but don't want to buy two figures you can buy the extra headsculpt instead. I do not think this has been 100% confirmed but it has been discussed with their person that posts on the forum.

Back