brown shipper vs no brow shipper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tesla619

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I collect HT Iron Man suits and HT/SShow Star Wars, i alawys use to ask the seller if it had a brown shipper and 99% said yes. But recently i have been looking for new figures that are hard to get, like HT iron man blue steel or allot of star wars figures like HT Finn with bloody mask.

I found 2 trusted eBay sellers in Singapore - Malaysia area, i asked if they had brown shippers and they said:

Do note Asia version of most Hot Toys that is distributed in Asia, do NOT come with the brown shipper as only SIDESHOW USA version has it, since they are a mail-order company and the brown shipper facilitates their despatch to their domestic customers

This item does not come with brown shipper originally, but is warehouse inventory. Never been opened or displayed

hope that helps

I tend to sell my HT figures on eBay with the brown shipper acting as the shipper itself, so it will be slapped with postage labels and such.

I have a problem with my brow shipper: :p

brow box.jpg

Shippers are good for protecting and storing the art boxes so they don't get ****ed up. Also if u ever sell the figure the shipper is the best protection in transit as it fits the art box perfectly. The shipper itself adds no tangible value to the figure though so if your worried about that then there is no need to worry

I've sold things lately and I've noticed a huge increase in demand for the original brown shippers. I didn't use to keep them for anything but statues but now I've started to keep them fo everything. Not usually much of an increase in storage space and it does protect.

I've sold things lately and I've noticed a huge increase in demand for the original brown shippers. I didn't use to keep them for anything but statues but now I've started to keep them fo everything. Not usually much of an increase in storage space and it does protect.

It's possible people want the shipper because they know it will be protected better in transit then if it was shipped in a bigger box which could result in more damage if not packed properly or the seller cheapens out and doesn't use a lot of packing materials

It's possible people want the shipper because they know it will be protected better in transit then if it was shipped in a bigger box which could result in more damage if not packed properly or the seller cheapens out and doesn't use a lot of packing materials

I have gotten stuff shipped in ONLY the art box!

well you have to thanks threads like this that EMPHASIZE on the importance & value of the brown shippers. now every noob looking to build up their Hot Toys collection are demanding shipper box as part of their purchase.

So i have a CNC cutter and really good flatbed laser printer, the laser printer is used to print poster boards, ill make one of my own Brown shippers, cardboard quality, ink and all.

My LCS throws away the brown shippers. Irked me to the point that I wont buy my stuff there. I mean, this is on stuff I ordered through them. I don't place a huge importance on the brown shipper though generally, and like any box, they can take a beating in transit, so I would still buy a piece without and in a regular box, but I still want it whenever possible.

So then are you looking for sealed and never opened brown box? Or opened for inspection but product never opened? I know eBay listings sometimes claim "never opened." I'm assuming even the brown box is never opened. If so, if there's any defects in the product, you're taking the gamble? Genuinely curious.

Back