Vertigo84 finally get's a new mancave!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vertigo84

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Haven't posted here for a few years now, but finally got my new mancave set up after a house move and I'm pretty pleased with how it's looking so far. Still a few finishing touches needed here and there and the cabinets all need a good clean but it's good to finally give every piece the space they deserve.
Main wall has all my grail pieces, T2 and P1 bust but the 1:5 full body Rex is the centrepiece, she's an absolute beast. Originally from Gene models I believe but repainted by Neil Wargen an extremely talented artist and JP fan based here in the UK. Her glass eyes follow you as you move about the room!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

New Besta setup installed for the 1:6 stuff with remote control RGB LED lighting and then up top we have the Psycho mask from Nightowl, The Shark city Ozark Bruce with dock and a 1:5 scale JP1 Raptor again built and painted by Neil Wargen.

6.jpg7.jpg

8.jpg9.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm gonna try and keep the displays as clean and clutter free as possible but it difficult with all the new stuff coming out.

Lovely display Vertigo84! Your T-rex is amazing, a fantastic center piece. Love the raptor too - what scale is it?

Awesome setup. Clean, organized, and great looking space. Is it true what they say? about 30 mph on the rex? Great setup, congrats.

Lovely display Vertigo84! Your T-rex is amazing, a fantastic center piece. Love the raptor too - what scale is it?

Raptor is 1:5 scale roughly around 2 feet long, I'll get her down and get some better pics up later to give you a better look. It's a pity Neil doesn't take custom work for JP pieces anymore as his stuff was top notch.

Raptor is 1:5 scale roughly around 2 feet long, I'll get her down and get some better pics up later to give you a better look. It's a pity Neil doesn't take custom work for JP pieces anymore as his stuff was top notch.

Cool look forward to seeing more pics :hi5: haha you have preempted my next question "where does a JP fan locate an awesome piece like that?" ... guess it's back to hoping Chronicle Collectibles deliver a 1/6 raptor like they teased a year or so ago.

Cool look forward to seeing more pics :hi5: haha you have preempted my next question "where does a JP fan locate an awesome piece like that?" ... guess it's back to hoping Chronicle Collectibles deliver a 1/6 raptor like they teased a year or so ago.

Yeah it's a pity as I would've male Lost World raptor to go with her, Chronicle have shown some pretty good stuff so far hopefully they can get their production paint looking as good as the proto's. I'm waiting patiently for their 1:6 Alan Grant and hopefully Ian Malcolm!

20170822_184216.jpg20170822_184309.jpg20170822_184226.jpg

:thud:Wow that Raptor looks fantastic!! Like a mini movie prop ... very very nice.

Grant, Malcolm and hopefully a Muldoon would complete my dream JP 1/6 line up.

Love your collection and display.

:thud:Wow that Raptor looks fantastic!! Like a mini movie prop ... very very nice.

Grant, Malcolm and hopefully a Muldoon would complete my dream JP 1/6 line up.

Love your collection and display.

Thanks mate! You can find some nice video reviews of other Raptors Neil built and painted on youtube, he did a full Jurassic World pack for the guys at Jurassic collectables I believe, and youtuber gamingbeaver has a review of two JP1 raptors very similar to mine on his channel which has a sneaky peek at the T-rex of which I'm now the proud owner.
I don't think we'll ever see Hot toys pick up the licence but I'd love to see Blitzway pick it up as I think they'd give it the love it deserves, Chronicle do some great work but for their first venture into 1:6 figures I'd rather it wasn't with a licence that's up there with my faves!

Back