Are Third Party Figures Worth The Money?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfraMan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Today i wanted to discuss 'third party figures' - for those of you new to the hobby this means a figure that is produced without the permission of its licenses holder.

I wanted to go over the pro's & con's of third party figures in todays article. So take a moment, check out the article, come back & tell us in what your experiences have been like with third party figures? Read Article HERE:

third-party-one-sixth-scale-figures.jpg

I was not a fan of unlicensed figures...purely personal preference...I just liked the authenticity that I felt licensing provided...VTS changed my mind with their Wasteland Ranger which was arguably my number one figure of last year and still one of my all time favorites...it all comes down to quality!

I was not a fan of unlicensed figures...purely personal preference...I just liked the authenticity that I felt licensing provided...VTS changed my mind with their Wasteland Ranger which was arguably my number one figure of last year and still one of my all time favorites...it all comes down to quality!

you should have said something like Sideshow changed your mind about official figures.

The sad thing is: love them or hate them, unlicensed figures will disappear completely due to idiots writing articles, that will draw attention of the license holder, just so they can show how hip and cool they are.

The sad thing is: love them or hate them, unlicensed figures will disappear completely due to idiots writing articles, that will draw attention of the license holder, just so they can show how hip and cool they are.

He better stop writing articles until my VTS Furiosa ships!!!

I have VTS Wasteland Ranger and I really like that figure. I also want a Logan figure at some point as well. If these had been licenced figures I would have bought them, but seeing as that won't happen, this is the only way to pick up characters you really want a 1/6 representation of.

Not really a fan of kit bashing figures or customs though. I probabaly just don't have the patience to find all the accessories and get custom sculpt painted and such.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

third party included custom figure?
for custom figure it usually far better than official release, and they are expensive

Well they're usually way cheaper so... just look for some pictures of the final product, to make sure it doesn't look like absolute ****.

Back