Display Cases YES or NO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mharless

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I have a few Sideshow PF figures that I have yet to open. I have shelves built from www.everblocksystems.com that I currently use to display my Star Wars UCS LEGO collection. As for the Sideshow PF figures I have been considering getting custom cases made (www.casesforcollectibles.com) for each one of them to protect them from dust, dog hair (I have one 75lb dog), and other containments like when I cook. I live in an OPEN apartment where the kitchen and den where my collection will be are only separated by a bar. As an example the Kylo Ren figure I have cost $569.99 and the case to protect it using plexiglass, and mirror back and wood base will cost $220 before shipping.

Price wise it does not seem to make sense to spend nearly half on a case for what the actual collectible cost. I figured as long as I used a compressed air can to keep the dust off and possibly cover the the PF statues in a trash bag or something if I was cooking something greasy like bacon that should be enough.

I wanted a different set of eyes on the first world problem I am having. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Mike

I emailed them. Hopefully they get back me this week. Regarding my post though. You suggest cases I assume since you shared this with me?

Back