RIP Sonny Landham (Billy from Predator)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the actor who played General Phillips still alive? I know he was a minor character but he was old in 87 - lol.

Sad to see Sonny pass, he added a lot to that gem of a movie - one of my top 5 if not top 3 favorite films of all time!

Edit - i just looked it up and R G Armstrong who played General Phillips passed in 2012.

Now a 1/4 scale figure to match Dutch would be an awesome tribute to Sonny .

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Sonny was in really bad shape. He was a double leg amputee and was suffering much. Sad news, hope he has found relief.

I found out recently that he was in that condition too. Reality hits you hard when you've known him as such a bad ass in Predator and then to see him like that. Such sad news indeed. I'll always remember that laugh though.

uMAFRQ.gif

Just read this on IMDB Sonny's bio:

During the filming of Predator (1987) a bodyguard was hired, not for his personal protection, but because the film's insurance company worried for the safety of the cast with him around.

A real life badass.
RIP

Man, that's sad to hear. My brain can't come to terms with the fact that a lot of that cast is in their 60's and 70's.

Only known for 1 thing but what a thing to be known for!

If you're only going to be known for 1 thing that is the way to do it.

Legendary role even with his death being off screen, for some that's what made it even more legendary but I remember in the theater being upset his fight wasn't shown.

Wait until Arnold, Stallone, Ford, Lucas, Williams and Spielberg die...yikes.

Back