Built one of these for a client.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Built it in a couple of days. Had to stop right at the end cause a relative came in town. Kinda sucked. Lol.

Should be able to go back and finish in a week or so. I'll have it finished with mud and paint in 2 days.

(25) 2x6s
Screws
Cornerbeed
5/8 drywall.
Recessed finish lighting
2 dimmers
3 outlets

Plan to make one for myself soon.

0dd05e728ea4780dfcad852af29a7d57.jpg
78b4d15f5550bda78aee066ac4b33be0.jpg
c723431eb1b161f4ac3d32876699fda7.jpg
3976e7cb0b64be4dfe2a5ce06ad51789.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work, man! How much does it cost to make one of these?

Thanks man.

Yeah, if your doing it yourself it's not much in material. It's mostly just 2x6, drywall and mud. About $400-$600 with the lighting.

If you gonna pay someone for labor, I'd say anywhere from $1,000- $2,000

I knew these people so I charged them $1,600 But I could get more from a regular client.

But if you're handy with a circular saw and hanging drywall, you could hire the rest of the taping and electrical out to save money.

It's a pretty easy build, it's just a lot of taping, a lot. Lol.

Amazing work!!

Thanks man.

Yeah, these people are loving this thing. Can’t wait to take pics when they paint it. They’re going go with an ebony color on the outside and different cream colors on the inside.

If any of you guys need one and live in the Chicago area, I can hook you up with one for a fair price.

Thanks man. Yeah, it was a lot of fun. I don't get too many of these, so it was fun.

And I've been remodeling for years, so that helps a lot with the skills. [emoji4][emoji51]

do you have a set up of your own? if so please link it up man!

Back