Director Luc Besson is tired of superhero movies!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassafras

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017...hero-movies-calls-captain-america-propaganda/

Luc Besson is tired of superhero movies, calls Captain America “propaganda

“Totally tired of it,” said Besson when asked by CinePop what he makes of the superhero movie craze. “It was great 10 years ago when we see the first Spider-Man and Iron Man. But now, it’s like number five, six, seven; the superhero is working with another superhero, but it’s not the same family. I’m lost. But what bothers me most is it’s always here to show the supremacy of America and how they are great. I mean, which country in the world would have the guts to call a film ‘Captain Brazil’ or ‘Captain France?’ I mean, no one! We would be like so ashamed and say, ‘No, no, come on, we can’t do that.’ They can. They can call it ‘Captain America,’ and everybody think it normal. I’m not here for propaganda, I’m here to tell a story.”

(Just sayin' as one of THOSE Americans 1) I'd totally watch a movie called Captain Brazil and 2) Mr. Beeson needs to do some reading (but think the Fifth Element is hilarious! And yeah, I'll PROUDLY stand up for the American supremacy of the U.S. corn dog. Say what you will about French cooking, NO-ONE in the world does a corn dog like the U.S.!:monkey3 and fried Twinkies - heck, we'll fry anything that looks remotely edible.)

Anyway:
Spider-Man: Homecoming, the first solo Spidey movie in the MCU, was released this summer and has officially crossed the $300 million mark at the domestic box office.
https://movieweb.com/spider-man-homecoming-300-million-domestic-box-office/

As of this weekend, “Wonder Woman” is officially the highest grossing summer film at the domestic box office. With $389 million, the DC Comics movie from Warner Bros. has passed the previous leader, “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” ($387 million). “Guardians,” though, has “Wonder Woman” beat on a global level with $860 million versus $779 million so far.

https://variety.com/2017/film/box-office/wonder-woman-box-office-summer-1202504002/

Black Panther generates huge buzz at Comic Con
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/new-movies/black-panther-generates-huge-buzz-at-comic-con/news-story/e7774dcb5c2c8f9ee6b99772f42dd347

Meanwhile:
https://deadline.com/2017/07/valerian-who-loses-luc-besson-europacorp-fundamental-films-stx-1202134583/
EuropaCorp’s stock has dipped 9.4% in trading on the Paris stock exchange over the past two days which comes only a month after EuropaCorp took a $136M write-off. Remember: Fundamental — apart from their 28% and roughly $67M equity stake in EuropaCorp — is also on the hook for about $50M in equity in the picture.

Added another executive: “Everyone is going to lose money on this. It’s sad actually. This kind of failure actually hurts the business, not just the companies with a financial stake involved.”

Valerian.jpg

Thank god Luc Besson is here to tell us these things. Clearly he's not tired of Transporter movies. And I'm sure he's got at least one more hokey terrible space saga in him.

Maybe he should consider a Besson Universe.... The Transporter gets transported into a Space Adventure.

Besson sounds like a fossil. Superhero is a genre, not a gimmick. You can say you're tired of romcom, horror, whatever... doesn't mean its going anywhere. Its riding a wave now and it may see its ups and downs, but its here to stay.

Mel Gibson said the same thing and will prolly direct Suicide Squad sequel. So maybe this guy is looking for another film to flush 200 million down the drain.

Clearly he's not tired of Transporter movies.
And I'm sure he's got at least one more hokey terrible space saga in him.

Maybe he should consider a Besson Universe...
The Transporter gets transported into a Space Adventure.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :goodpost:

I used to read Captain Canuck back in the day, always thought it was a pretty cool read even though I'm not Canadian. I've always liked Captain Britain as well, even when he used to carry that sceptre around back before he was modernized. I don't really see the problem with a hero representing where they are from, probably a lot more examples that aren't even coming to me at the moment. I think its short sighted to assume you can't like a super-hero just because they represent a country that is not your own. Hell, although he isn't called Judge America, look how popular Judge Dredd is in the UK.

This is a cute pakistani cartoon, im curious to watch it.

Luc besson can eat my dirty shoes, this looks really really nice.
Every culture should have a superhero

Burka-Avenger-1.jpg

Well if u lost as much money as he did your butt would be hurtin as well lol

Spielberg has stated he thinks superhero movies will be another passing fad...

Back