Action Figure Show your custom Lara Croft 1/6 scale figures! 20+ years of the Tomb Raider...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lendellprime

Super Freak
Reaction score
Few characters in fiction are so iconic that they continue to come back and/or be reinvented generation after generation. Lara Croft is one such character, and her journey from video games, to movies, to video games, and back to movies has gone on for 20 years and counting.

My favorite manifestation of Lara came with the 2013 Tomb Raider (TR) game reboot as conceived by Square Enix and written by Rhianna Pratchett. The 2015 follow-up game, Rise of the Tomb Raider (ROTR), by the same team was as equally impressive. Lara is treated as a very real young woman with hopes, desires, and ambitions.

Yes, she's beautiful and intelligent, but she's also determined and tough as nails. She's as heroic as she is a survivor, and no creature natural, unnatural or supernatural is going to quench the fire of her curiosity.

For this one-of-a-kind grail edition sixth scale figure, I opted for an amalgam of Lara Croft from TR and ROTR. Wherever she's exploring, she's been out in the thick of it for several days, even weeks. She's tired, dirty and battered from both the elements and whatever else she's encountered. She might have gone in with a host of supplies, but now she's having to improvise and scavenge for new and/or replacement gear.

To achieve the mix of styles from both games, Lara has a two-tiered display factor. The foundation tier is based off of her overall design concept in TR. However, with the simple additions of a military-style trench coat and a large, multi-purpose scarf, Lara quickly transforms into her graduated and more signature look from ROTR.

Special thanks to Tim L., Samuel Bodart of Virtual Devil Customs, Rudy Caplan and the folks at Kuoworks!

Lara_cover_02.jpgLara_01_small.jpgLara_02_small.jpgLara_03b_small.jpgLara_05_small.jpgLara_08b_small.jpgLara_12_small.jpgLara_13_small.jpgLara_15_small.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, definitely the crown jewel of my collection right now ;)

I started this thread because I'm trying to find out what others have come up with over the years. It's strange to me that she's one of the rarer customs out there, especially with so many design concepts to mix, match and choose from. I've seen a few here a there around the web, but only a few.

Thanks! Yeah, definitely the crown jewel of my collection right now ;)

I started this thread because I'm trying to find out what others have come up with over the years. It's strange to me that she's one of the rarer customs out there, especially with so many design concepts to mix, match and choose from. I've seen a few here a there around the web, but only a few.

There are quite a few good ones out there, yours included. Onesixthwarriors had one of the best remake headsculpts I have seen/believe they used smokey eye makeup to make it just like the first game.

Did you buys Sams or did he help you with the design?

There are quite a few good ones out there, yours included. Onesixthwarriors had one of the best remake headsculpts I have seen/believe they used smokey eye makeup to make it just like the first game.

Did you buys Sams or did he help you with the design?

Sam had originally created it for another collector and I bought her from that collector. Put some of my own touches on her :)

Send me a link to the one you're referring to on OneSixthWarriors or post some photos. Pretty sure I haven't seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing custom, lendellprime! I have the Sideshow figure, which I modded many, many years back and this thread makes me wanna repaint her all over again. :lol

35687237074_1d24294537_c.jpg

36384860551_dcb3f05f5d_c.jpg

Amazing custom, lendellprime! I have the Sideshow figure, which I modded many, many years back and this thread makes me wanna repaint her all over again. :lol

Wow! Great job on that, Jameson! Now THAT'S the best classic Lara figure I've ever seen. So far, that one definitely takes the prize. Looks like she jumped right out of Tomb Raider Legend. Very well done :winner

Wow! Great job on that, Jameson! Now THAT'S the best classic Lara figure I've ever seen. So far, that one definitely takes the prize. Looks like she jumped right out of Tomb Raider Legend. Very well done :winner

Thanks! That was from years ago and I certainly would like to re-do her again with the skills I've learned since then. I highly recommend the figure since it could be EASILY modded to current standards with a repaint and a Phicen body. There's a thread of her buried somewhere where there was a craze to mod her, good times. :lol

Thanks! That was from years ago and I certainly would like to re-do her again with the skills I've learned since then. I highly recommend the figure since it could be EASILY modded to current standards with a repaint and a Phicen body. There's a thread of her buried somewhere where there was a craze to mod her, good times. :lol

What size phicen body? Large or medium bust? Very tempted to find one and do this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really awesome and inspiring figures. Here's my addition. Please, feel free to criticize and share your opinions on how to improve it.

P1010992-2.jpgP1010984-2.jpgP1010982-2.jpg

This is my work in progress. I'm still trying to gather the courage to paint the shirt green, since importing another one (if I screw up) is a little expensive. And in a future, I may change her body too. Back when I bought this S10D body (early this year... :gah:), TBLeague was still Phicen and they hadn't announced the new bodies. Her boots are kinda big too, I'll change it as soon as I find a decent one. And as soon as I get a way to stick her backpack closer to her body, I'll post some more pics.
This is my first figure so... trial and error... but I'll get there.

Cheers for Raiders' fans.

Last edited:
Cool, man. Thanks for sharing! She's turning out to be a good mix between classic and reboot. If you scour eBay long enough, you'll find all of the clothing pieces you're looking for. There are at least a couple green tank tops available (between SW Toys and DID) and several pairs of boots out there. Happy hunting :)

Also, don't be afraid to really dirty her skin and clothing up with scrapes, cuts, grime and/or weathering. I find that can really make a huge difference with certain figures. For example, I don't think Jameson's sweet Tomb Raider Legend Lara would have looked as good without dirtying up that rack and those abs. Suddenly it's like she just came out of a fire fight and is taking two seconds to strike a pose for the combat photographer (or in that case, telling him to get the ****** out of her face!)

Back