Reproduction Muppets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photon Guy

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I was wondering if they make reproductions of the puppets that they use in Muppets and Sesame Street. Another words, if I could get a puppet of Kermit the Frog for instance that is just like the puppet Jim Henson used when he did Kermit. Obviously it would not be the same one that Jim used, if it was it would probably be worth millions, but a reproduction of the one he used which looks and functions the same way. If they do make such reproductions I am looking to get puppets from Sesame Street and The Muppets.

Master Replicas made "Photo Puppet" replicas of Kermit, Gonzo, and Animal several years back. I have all three and they are beautiful reproductions, but are not "puppets". They were pose-able and came with stands.

They are of course long sold out but still occasionally available on ebay. I haven't looked in a while, but they might be quite expensive now.

Master Replicas made "Photo Puppet" replicas of Kermit, Gonzo, and Animal several years back. I have all three and they are beautiful reproductions, but are not "puppets". They were pose-able and came with stands.

They are of course long sold out but still occasionally available on ebay. I haven't looked in a while, but they might be quite expensive now.

I remember those

Im looking for real operational puppets. Just like the ones used on set. Those photo puppets do look really cool but I want puppets that are fully operational. In particular Im looking for Oscar the Grouch.

I would think anybody who makes such puppets, including custom making it, would have to have a license to sell them since the rights to the Muppets is owned by The Muppets Studio which now belongs to Disney.

A couple of years ago, FAO Schwartz and Toys R us were selling "anything Muppets". I got one as a joint Christmas present for me and my son back in 2014. They even had extra outfits you could buy for them(If I remember correctly, they come unclothed). It was tons of fun. Closest thing I can thing of to buying an actual muppet.

I too would love to own an actual version of a real muppet though. If I were rich, I'd straight up make an offer to children's television workshop for an Ernie, an Bert, and maybe an Sesame Street news Kermit.

I remember those. They were very cool.

I would think anybody who makes such puppets, including custom making it, would have to have a license to sell them since the rights to the Muppets is owned by The Muppets Studio which now belongs to Disney.
There is a legal gray area if you only do a small number. You can consider it art. And even if you did more, it's unlikely a legal team would spend it's resources on something like this.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Check out MJL Puppet Design. He makes some seriously awesome recreations.

https://www.facebook.com/MJLPuppetDesign/

19396660_1843011569048967_2887240183610864494_n.jpg

18664286_1808777855805672_5181028190214462979_n.jpg

20663728_1898353610181429_3290143467337346742_n.jpg

Posts to inquire for pricing. I don't want to bother him as a "tire kicker" but am curious as to what they go for. If I won the lottery ...

Posts to inquire for pricing. I don't want to bother him as a "tire kicker" but am curious as to what they go for. If I won the lottery ...

I asked about Kermit - $1750.
I asked about Fozzy and Rowlf, and they were priced comparably. If you want the full puppet with legs, it is really pricey, $4,500. But you can get them for a little under $3K if you just want a functional puppet. Nice though they are, that's not something I could justify.

Back