Aladdin (live action directed by Guy Ritchie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meanstreak

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has been talking about this yet.

Guy Ritchie is directing the project from a script by John August (Big Fish, Corpse Bride). Dan Lin, who worked with Ritchie on Sherlock Holmes, is producing. The story, which aims to follow that of Disney’s 1992 animated classic while also taking cues from the folktales in One Thousand and One Nights, is set in Agrabah, a fictional cosmopolitan city inspired by locations and cultures from the Middle East to India and China.

Cast so far:
Aladdin - Mena Massoud
Jasmine - Naomi Scott
Genie - Will Smith
Jafar - Marwan Kenzari
New character - Nasim Pedrad

I'm pretty excited... Aladdin was always my fav Disney movie and i'm liking the cast so far. I always enjoy Ritchie's films so I'm sure this one will be no different.

I have no interest at all in these live action Disney movies. I hope it turns out good for you.

I loved the live-action Aladdin performance they had playing at Disney California Adventure. It has since been replaced by the live-action Frozen performance.
The songs were on point and even the Genie stayed true to Robin Williams' style, in voice and mannerism.

Will Smith will not do this.
Obviously he was selected to bring his own flare and comedic style.
He will portray a funny Genie, but not the one that I associate with Aladdin.

I'm not talking about because I think Will Smith will make a horrible Genie.

That, and I hate Guy Ritchie.

After BATB, I've lost faith in Disney making a good live action version, or at least one that is worth making.

Show us where Genie touched you.

:lol

I think Williams was a great dramatic actor and Aladdin found about the best way possible to package his comedy. I just think it's silly to put him on a pedestal when he was notorious for stealing from other comedians. It's well known. Will Smith also had a hit tv show and a bunch of successful movies. I wouldn't rate Williams above him in any capacity.

Can't wait to see the costuming, set designs, and Princess Jasmine. Yowza

I'm not talking about because I think Will Smith will make a horrible Genie.

That, and I hate Guy Ritchie.

After BATB, I've lost faith in Disney making a good live action version, or at least one that is worth making.
I hate the idea of thos movie. But why do you hate him?

in all seriousness i think she is great for this role. Im really happy about it. shes going to do great.

naomi-scott-at-power-rangers-premiere-in-los-angeles-03-22-2017_3.jpg

Back