Statue Tweeterhead: Coming Soon Wonder Twins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grphyx1

Super Freak
Reaction score
20155786_1510338729027962_6135710489549558491_n.jpg

Chad from Tweeterhead has said the following about the upcoming Wonder Twins:

"The Wonder Twins and Gleek are being sculpted by the master Jack Matthews and desperately as we tried to get them to SDCC it just wasn’t going to happen. I did share some sneak peeks at them at SDCC and the response was overwhelming. I had no idea people loved them as much as they do. The Maquettes are posed JUST about to touch rings and they are all about “you may think we’re a joke, but once we touch rings…you’re through” Gleek is also looking pretty badass these days! Can’t wait for you to see it!

They may seriously be one of my favorite piece that Tweeterhead has ever made. Look for them in Oct…The trick is how do we sell them, as a set? Would that be too costly? Would people want to buy them separately to save some $$. Should the exclusive be an ice cube tray and bird seed…all tough questions."

I'll grab these. Tweeterhead's Super Powers line is going to kill me. I really hope one of the EX's is water in a bucket. :lol

Za7PBmr.gif

I don't know why they're even thinking about the possibility of selling them separately. Who is going to buy just one of the Twins? Make them a big set and sell Gleek for $45 like Kandor.

Ok ..wait a second. Correct me if I'm wrong ...but the Wonder Twins have never been in the comics. This is totally based off the Superfriends, no?

Ok ..wait a second. Correct me if I'm wrong ...but the Wonder Twins have never been in the comics. This is totally based off the Superfriends, no?

Yes but Harley Quinn started out in Batman the animated series and was then pulled into the comics. There were some super friends comic books but yes they are really from the super friends theTV show. I also dont think they ever made it into the DC universe proper

I remember watching reruns of Super Friends when I was a kid every Saturday morning... I'll probably buy the Wonder Twins out of pure nostalgia.

Yes but Harley Quinn started out in Batman the animated series and was then pulled into the comics. There were some super friends comic books but yes they are really from the super friends theTV show. I also dont think they ever made it into the DC universe proper

That's what I thought. I know HQ was from BTAS first ...and then migrated to the comics. But I don't recall seeing the Wonder Twins in the comics. Thought I missed them in the comics or something.

This is going to be interesting, tho. Wonder how they will portray the twins.

Actually they have been in DC Universe proper. According to Wiki....

In 1996, the twins were introduced into post-Crisis DC continuity in the series Extreme Justice as escaped slaves of an alien overlord. Unable to speak English, they inadvertently attack some civilians and the Justice League. During their fight with the JLA, Zan becomes an ice golem, a water monster, and a demonic-looking whirlpool, while Jayna becomes a griffin, a werewolf, and a sea serpent. The pair are later emancipated by the Justice League and join Captain Atom's team in issue #16 (May 1996). That same year, they appeared in the crossover storyline Final Night and in the series Total Justice.

In a 2002 - 2003 storyline by Peter David and Todd Nauck in Young Justice, they help avenge the murder of Empress's parents, wearing uniforms which resembled T-shirts and jeans. In late 2003, they appeared in the fourth issue of the Marvel-DC intercompany crossover miniseries JLA/Avengers, which was written by Kurt Busiek and illustrated by George Pérez.

In 2007, they appeared in Teen Titans' #70, and in 2011, they appeared in DCU: Legacies #9, a story by Len Wein and Rob Leigh.

Unrelated to DCU proper they also had several TV appearances outside of Superfriends, including a live action appearance in a episode of Smallville.

From Chad:

"Hey,

The Wonder Twins will be out in June! The month of the Gemini (Twins). These have been the most difficult thing I have worked on. SO difficult to get them perfect!

I hope you guys love them and we have heard everyone loud and clear about Gleek's face being to "scary". We will be offering two different heads for him. One more fun and one scary/hardcore"

These two characters aren't my favorites, tho.

So ...yea, for me ...twin powers deactivate.

Back