Is Detolf Dead?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChasinSF

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Just received my 2018 Ikea catalog ... I could not find the Detolf listed anywhere in it.

It's still listed on their website and here in Emeryville, CA they list it as currently in stock but is it being discontinued???

I'm still mad they discontinued the beech wood version of the detolf. I have six of those, and if I want another detolf that matches what I already have, tough ****.

Well I emailed Ikea and despite getting an auto reply saying they would email me back within 48 hrs ... nothing.

Well I just heard back from Ikea today, good news, it has not been discontinued!

------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in IKEA. We appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us.
As it turns out, the DETOLF cabinet is not being discontinued, and for reason unknown to us the DETOLF was not chosen to be displayed in this year’s Catalog.
We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank you for the opportunity to assist you.
-----------------------------

I'm still mad they discontinued the beech wood version of the detolf. I have six of those, and if I want another detolf that matches what I already have, tough ****.

I'm in the same exact boat here. I've been tempted to try to find someone who wants to exclusively stay with the wood color, and just swap the tops with newly purchased black or white ones. What I really want is them to introduce detolfs with that greyish version of the beach wood that a lot of ikea products have now. I love that, as it's an awesome middle ground between tan and black.

Well I just heard back from Ikea today, good news, it has not been discontinued!

------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in IKEA. We appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us.
As it turns out, the DETOLF cabinet is not being discontinued, and for reason unknown to us the DETOLF was not chosen to be displayed in this year’s Catalog.
We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank you for the opportunity to assist you.
-----------------------------

Nice, always glad to hear this. I'm surprised Ikea hasn't reinvented the detolfs yet. Surely it's time for a new generation of them. At least sell shelf brackets and expansion sets.

I just went to the IKEA site and saw that a black Detolf is $58.99. Did they reduce the price? I could have sworn they were more than that.

I just went to Ikea on Columbus Ohio and they had a ton of them. Nothing to indicate they are being discontinued.

Bought 3 today. $59 each with 15% discount. They had a ton of them and received more stock from yesterday.Think it's a mainstay now.

Back