How Does Sideshow Toys ship Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Wayne

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just a quick question about how Sideshow Toys packages Hot Toys for shipping.

Do they put a shipping label directly on the Hot Toys brown box? The brown box that says the contents.

Or do they package it in a larger box? I've been buying all my Hot Toys from BBTS and that's what they do, but it's been years since I've gotten any Hot Toys from Sideshow. I remember reading a thread where you had to call Sideshow Toys directly to request they ship it in a bigger box rather than using the Hot Toys brown box, but it would cost extra. A little ridiculous, but I don't know if thats still the case.

Anyway, thanks in advance guys!

They just ship them in the brown shipper unless you request a pack out for an extra $10 I believe.

Is that something I have to call them for? I have a handful of preorders with them and I'm just curious as to how it works once my items are in stock. Thanks again!

Just live chat them. With their standard rate now being $20, I assume that would be $30 for double boxing. Something just about every other retailer does for free...

I'm not sure as I've never done it. But I've never had a problem with receiving damaged shippers.

They slap a label on the shipper and charge you $20 or more. Basically the bare minimum. It's one of my major complaints with them. They could at least double box for what they charge.

They slap a label on the shipper and charge you $20 or more. Basically the bare minimum. It's one of my major complaints with them. They could at least double box for what they charge.

Depends on what you order, if there's more than one, they would put your box in a box.

Depends on what you order, if there's more than one, they would put your box in a box.
Yeah but I haven't ever got two at a time. Obviously in the case of multiple items a double box makes more sense. The only time I've had a figure double boxed that I didn't pay for or request was my first order (the 2012 Toy Fair Exclusive SWAT Gordon).

Shipper sleeve and go. Which is a joke. Yeah, it's the shipping that is migrating me to BBTS. For $4 you get double boxing. You lose the RPs, but over half your RPs are lost in shipping now. Once I burn through my amassed points + spook, I think I'll be more dedicated to BBTS.

To think, Big Chef Studios OVERNIGHTS from the UK to the US for what SS charges to double box.

I'm glad that Sideshow started with the double-boxing (I recall them telling me that they wouldn't provide the option for Hulkbuster a short while back) but that's quite a bit for the extra packaging. I know I keep singing their praises, but AlterEgo Comics double-boxes and always gets things out looking pristine. They have a decent reward points system too if you don't mind waiting a week or two past when Sideshow gets their stock.

Just ask SS for them to add the pack out option and make it applicable to all your orders. SS will charge you an extra $10. They don't do the pack out for 1/4 scale figures, PFs and other large statues. Until recently beginning with the DC Iron Man Mark 46 they were not double boxing the DC HT Iron Man figures.

Just ask SS for them to add the pack out option and make it applicable to all your orders. SS will charge you an extra $10. They don't do the pack out for 1/4 scale figures, PFs and other large statues. Until recently beginning with the DC Iron Man Mark 46 they were not double boxing the DC HT Iron Man figures.

Just had a chat with them last night and they added the pack out option to my account for all my preorders and future orders for 1/6. They told me it's not visible on the 10-20 day ship notification/invoice, but they charge it once the preorder is in stock and ships.

Their shipping prices are already outrageous. The pack-out option seem like its just theft.

Back