How do you store your empty figure boxes and accessories???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyjedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
I guess I'm just interested in how my fellow collectors store their empty HT/SS figure boxes and keep track of all the accessories, hands, pegs, weapons, etc.?

Looking for some imaginative display solutions that make it easier to change poses and displays more often without mixing up all the accessories?

Feels like I never get 'round to changing my poses because it's too much of a hassle to get the damn boxes out every time!!!

:dunno

Shipper and art boxes go in the basement, accessories go in a storage box with many small compartments so I don't have to open a art box everytime I want to change something.

Some of the boxes are under my bed, some are in wardrobes / on top of wardrobes, some are stacked by the wall in my bedroom, most are in my garage with some tarp over them.
I'm like you, I keep all the accessories of figs in their respective box, hence I hardly ever switch out accessories. Nothing worse opening the box and find you're missing an accessory.
I guess you could get some plastic zip wallets and label them up and put the figures accessories in, for easier access.

Shipper and art boxes go in the basement, accessories go in a storage box with many small compartments so I don't have to open a art box everytime I want to change something.

Yeah, I guess a storage box with compartments is only real option to avoid having to go back to the boxes...
I was thinking of clear Acrylic jewellery type trays with lids like my girl has, but then they can be pretty expensive, or something like below...

I sort feel like I want to have the accessories on display in some cool way as well as my figures... Guess I'm making a trip to IKEA!!

Attachments

• 4934761174280.jpg
    4934761174280.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 313
Some of the boxes are under my bed, some are in wardrobes / on top of wardrobes, some are stacked by the wall in my bedroom, most are in my garage with some tarp over them.
I'm like you, I keep all the accessories of figs in their respective box, hence I hardly ever switch out accessories. Nothing worse opening the box and find you're missing an accessory.
I guess you could get some plastic zip wallets and label them up and put the figures accessories in, for easier access.

Yeah, I guess it's my OCD that stops me from taking the accessories out of the box in case they get lost...
But some of them are super cool on their own and deserve to see daylight...
Could probably make a nice little weapons arsenal display somewhere!!

As for the boxes, I've had to devote a perfectly good, usable room to packaging...
This has done absolutely no favours for my relationship!!

Most of my original boxes are gone. I like some of the artwork, so I'll keep a part of the box, but most of them are broken down and disposed of. Extra parts/accessories are placed in plastic compartment containers like the ones you get at craft stores. Unless you have unlimited storage, too much valuable space is wasted on an empty or near empty box. I dont buy 1/6 figures to sell; I buy them to enjoy. I don't give a rats' hairy butt what happens to them when I die. They can be sold in a garage sale for a few bucks for all that it will matter to me.

Most of my original boxes are gone. I like some of the artwork, so I'll keep a part of the box, but most of them are broken down and disposed of. Extra parts/accessories are placed in plastic compartment containers like the ones you get at craft stores. Unless you have unlimited storage, too much valuable space is wasted on an empty or near empty box. I dont buy 1/6 figures to sell; I buy them to enjoy. I don't give a rats' hairy butt what happens to them when I die. They can be sold in a garage sale for a few bucks for all that it will matter to me.

actually you can keep the boxes folder just discard the trays. saves alot of spaces and you still keep the complete box.

i did that on the Hasbro Star Wars except i also keep the inner cardboards.

The brown shipping boxes go in my attic, the accessories and parts are stored inside my house in bins with tags and info on them.

My detolfs are raised using 2 draws Ikea night stands, everything gets taken out of the boxes put into large zip lock bags, empty boxes get delivered to my mom's garage as she has plenty of storage space

I store my boxes in a box , in another box, in a room in my house above the ceiling for boxes......

All items go into plastic ziplocks named and in file boxes in the Kalax my detolfs are sitting on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Common sense would dictate multiple boxes(w or w/o shippers) put into a single larger box.

no the way you said it earlier is like saying you store the Brownshipper box separately in a big box and the toy box separately, which doesn't make sense since shipper box are sized to fit the toy boxes properly. but i know some folks separate the shipper box & toy box which i don't really get it.

Back