Ordering from Sideshow Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SithMaster

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey all, I was thinking about something and figured I'd ask away here! In regards to pre ordering things, do you think there's a direct connection of when you PO something to which # in the set you receive? For instance, if you PO something right away, day 1 from Sideshow, do you think you're more likely to get a low # in the series? Or do you think there is no connection there at all?

Yep, completely random. The lowest ES number I ever got on an SSC item was #7 If I remember rightly, and that was on a Berserker Predator maquette that I purchased long after the item had already begun shipping. I have however noticed a different trend which may simply be coincidence or bad luck. But on occasion, I've had items that I've been unbelievably excited by and ordered within seconds of them going up for pre-order. In every one of these case I have been among the last person on the forums to actually receive the item, in some cases I've been in later batches despite ordering so quickly. This has left me wondering if the shipping department work backwards through the list of orders. Or it is entirely possible that is random also.

I can also vouche for what is being said here.

I live relatively close to their facility.
There were times where I would be among the first to get new releases. However the Edition number I got would not correlate with the time in which the item was shipped.

Likewise, the time in which I placed the preorder (as soon as it went live) did not correlate with the Edition number I received.

The lowest number I've received for a Sideshow piece was #6 for the Machiko PF and I got that from BBTS well after it's release. :lol

Yeah - as everyone has said - TOTALLY random.

Heck - they're not organised enough to get the QC right - you can't expect their shipping department & ordering/mailing systems to be in any way professional :lol

Allocating edition # in sequence of orders is WAY beyond them.

I remember contacting them about this, and got a bunch of ridiculous and specious responses.

I always erase the number.

Then I put a number 1 on it and sell it on ebay..

Ah - but the tricky bit is erasing the RIGHT number - I once bought one that said "666/1"

Suspicious I was
nuts.gif

Back