1/6 If I were to get only one Iron Man 1/6 figure, which would you recommend?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aagion

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm mainly looking for how iconic it is, accuracy and the face sculpt. I usually don't collect Marvel stuff so I don't really know which figures have good reputation and which don't, help would be appreciated.

Probably the diecast Mark 6. That his most traditional look/color scheme. (I prefer Mk 4 but theres no diecast yet)

In terms of functionality I'd say diecast Mark 42. Its incredibly well engineered with lots of articulation and gives you all the battle damaged parts/weapons. Plus the open helmet sculpt.

Iconic? Mk3
Accurate? They all look like they did in their respective movie, more or less.
Headsculpt? Mk46 no contest

Which one you go with is up to you. Based on your requirements, I'd say Mk46. It's red and gold, and takes design cues from the bleeding edge armor from the comics. It has great proportions. Accuracy of its paint job is subject to debate, at the end of the day it's still red and gold. And it also has the best headsculpt.

This doesn't actually take into account what YOU think looks the best, so there's also that to consider. If it's a red and gold armor, everyone will know it's Iron Man. I'd personally go with the upcoming diecast Mk6. But that's because it checks all the boxes for my personal criteria.

Probably the diecast Mark 6. That his most traditional look/color scheme. (I prefer Mk 4 but theres no diecast yet)

In terms of functionality I'd say diecast Mark 42. Its incredibly well engineered with lots of articulation and gives you all the battle damaged parts/weapons. Plus the open helmet sculpt.
Mark 6 looks amazing but I'm not a huge fan of the triangle-shaped arc reactor. Looks good though. Not a fan of the mark 42 color scheme.
Also, what does diecast mean? Been seeing it a lot lately with the figures.

Iconic? Mk3
Accurate? They all look like they did in their respective movie, more or less.
Headsculpt? Mk46 no contest

Which one you go with is up to you. Based on your requirements, I'd say Mk46. It's red and gold, and takes design cues from the bleeding edge armor from the comics. It has great proportions. Accuracy of its paint job is subject to debate, at the end of the day it's still red and gold. And it also has the best headsculpt.

This doesn't actually take into account what YOU think looks the best, so there's also that to consider. If it's a red and gold armor, everyone will know it's Iron Man. I'd personally go with the upcoming diecast Mk6. But that's because it checks all the boxes for my personal criteria.
Leaning towards Mark 46 or Mark 6 but I think I like Mark 46 a bit more because of the suit design. Just checked out the headsculpt for it and it looks great.
What does diecast mean by the way?

Leaning towards Mark 46 or Mark 6 but I think I like Mark 46 a bit more because of the suit design. Just checked out the headsculpt for it and it looks great.
What does diecast mean by the way?

Just means some of the figure is made with diecast metal as opposed to plastic. Most of it is on the legs. Adds some heft to the figure. Some like it, some don't.

If you don't like the triangle arc reactor, go with the Mk46. Plus the Mk6 won't come with a fully unhelmeted headsculpt.

Wasn't there a thread for this already?

I'm picking up Mk. 46 as my only Iron Man respresentation. You could just wait for Infinity War to see if that meets your expectations.

I had 4 conditions:
- Great Tony Stark sculpt
- Diecast Armour
- Good looking Armour
- An armour from an important event in the mcu

Wasn't there a thread for this already?

I'm picking up Mk. 46 as my only Iron Man respresentation. You could just wait for Infinity War to see if that meets your expectations.

I had 4 conditions:
- Great Tony Stark sculpt
- Diecast Armour
- Good looking Armour
- An armour from an important event in the mcu
Probably going for Mark 46. Sorry, didn't know there was already a thread, as said, haven't really been on the forum.

You don't have to apologize. I just thought there was a similar discussion in a thread earlier this year. :hi5:

MK 3 DC or MK VI DC.

Both iconic and pretty mich perfect. It really depens on personal preference.
I habe reduced my display to MK II AU, MK III DC, MK VI DC, MKXLII DC. I am debating about adding one or two of the more recent ones, but I am pretty happy. War Machine however is still gully loaded with I-III, IP and HR.

There can be only one: MarkIII. Bad articulation but all the others look like my butt.

Definitely your opinion.

The MK3 armor is *the* iconic look, but the figure has flaws. Too short, shoulder gaps, articulation.... Not that it's 'bad' (I like it), but to say it's slam dunk best is subjective.

Probably going to go with mark 46 since thats my favorite design. Only thing I dont like is the fact thats it 1 cm too short compared to the actual 6'5 suit.

I own:

413413748.jpg

412669378.jpg

412681192.jpg

412343674.jpg

BD7
411761700.jpg

411682204.jpg

I'd rank them: 46, 43, 45, 7, 3, BD7

The best "Iron Man" figure (from the line) is this one: :D

413066305.jpg

AND I quite honestly think the MK6 could jump to #1 (but still behind WM)

If you want one now: Mark 46
If you can wait a couple months: Mark 6
If you can wait a year+: the inevitable diecast Mark 7

I'm probably in for all 3:lol

Back