Action Figure NECA 1/4 Scale God of War 4 Kratos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vector

Super Freak
Reaction score
From Toyark:

https://news.toyark.com/2017/07/20/...te-del-toro-movie-figures-tmnt-god-war-262014

GoW4_1.jpg

GoW4_2.jpg

GoW4_3.jpg

I know next to nothing about God of War, but I picked up the new game and this 1/4 Kratos. Both look to be absolutely incredible and just as a figure alone I think Kratos looks fantastic.

I received Kratos today and unfortunately I'll be exchanging him through Amazon for another. The red war paint is really sloppy; I know most of them aren't painted perfectly but mine is really bad. The one on the chest goes from thin to overly thick, and the one going over the eye isn't straight in the slightest. The tip of it isn't even an edge but rounded. On the side of the head there's also a fairly large black streak, but the worst offender is a relatively large unpainted gash in the shoulder. Looks like someone took a chisel to it or something.

Most of these may be fairly nitpicky but it adds up. It's a damn shame too because the rest of the figure looks excellent as expected.

I couldn't bring myself to buy this. It's missing too many key accessories from the game which were more than likely to avoid spoilers but I'm holding out for another version and hopefully an Atreus.

Check your Best Buy. You might be able to get one in store and pick the paint on him.

The Best Buy Exclusive version is only available in the USA as far as I'm aware. I'm in Canada; can't find it on their website and I don't recall ever even seeing action figures at Best Buy up here.

The Best Buy Exclusive version is only available in the USA as far as I'm aware. I'm in Canada; can't find it on their website and I don't recall ever even seeing action figures at Best Buy up here.

Ah, shoot. I didn't even know that there was a BB exclusive, just saw him there yesterday and paid little attention beyond that.

Ah, shoot. I didn't even know that there was a BB exclusive, just saw him there yesterday and paid little attention beyond that.

Yeah the only difference between the regular release and the exclusive is that the exclusive comes with this massive cardboard diorama. Would be kind of cool to get but it's not a big deal; I'm totally happy with the regular release. The issue is I don't think Best Buy Canada carries anything NECA period.

I didn't know there was an exclusive for that. Just a cardboard, not a big deal I guess?

Anyways anyone on the fence about this, I can say this thing is huge. Size comparison + review

I got the second Kratos in today, and overall it's actually worse paint apps than the original one I bought. Not to mention this time the box was completely trashed....

I ended up deciding to just open the original one up and I'm sending the replacement back. Perhaps I was too critical before; now that I have the figure out and posed it's one off flaws aren't that big of a deal. Looks awesome! Will post pictures later.

The gash in the shoulder, while still somewhat annoying, can almost pass for a stab wound or scar. I can live with it haha.

I really hope we see some of this carry over to their quarter scale line. As of now they are only showing 7".DSC09648.jpg

Does anyone have the 18" Kratos GOW II by NECA? I have the 1/6th that was made back in 2007, I didn't know such a thing existed, until recently, I'm waiting for one through China.

s-l1600.jpg

I never realized how much articulation they took out of the 18" version compared to the 6". They should up scale their Ultimate Kratos.

Package arrived today but this one is definitely a fake version of the NECA, I mean the box is original, but the figure itself is a recast and there is no push talking button, also the articulation is not that great at all, only the forearm, and shoulder moves aside from the waist
20181011_163033.jpg
20181011_163115.jpg

Second head sculpt
20181011_163213.jpg

Here is the original 12" NECA Kratos from GOW II and you can see there are more articulation options.
20181011_164054.jpg

Picked this guy up at Best Buy last night for $60 on clearance. Did some quick google fu and that price looked decent. There were two of them and I got the one with the best paint apps but they were about the same. He was hard to pose at first but I used a hair dryer on the joints and finally got him to stand on his own. I will probably get some kind of stand so he doesn't take a shelf dive.

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5647.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG

Back