Asmus- 2017 Comic Con pictures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellboyman

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Please post your pictures of asmusComic Con here for those who cannot go to the Comic Con and see the figures.
Thank you

Honestly, it's pretty hard to get good pictures of them. The lighting in their display is ****. Hopefully someone was able to get good pictures though.

Only one I could find:

SDCC-2017-Previews-Booth-008.jpg

Gimli.jpg

no videos :(

Merry's sculpt looks MUCH better, Pippen's I'm not so sure. The painted hair is too dark and toy like, and I'm not digging that bemused expression on his face. I will order the replace head sets if only to get the traveling cloaks.
Gimili looks good, needs more beard hair. and i wish he was standing on level with the rest so we could see the relative size of the body. I'm very happy with my kit bashed one, ( which has articulated fingers BTW) so it's really going to have to blow me away for me to order.

I have all the hobbit figures in hand, they look much better in person.
Tailoring and outfit is great
Only the sculpt and hair texture is on the weak side.
I can see they have tried to improve on the sculpt of hair in the hobbits,looks smoother and more pleasing to the eye.

I want pictures. Like, 50 shots of all possible angles of Gimli and Boromir.

PLEASE.

ouch... That Pippin, Frodo and Sam look horrible from this angle. :horror
Gimli looks great though.

Thanks for the pictures, Lee, even though they do seem a bit distorted.

Gimli does look really, really good though IMO. I hope they can mass-produce that.

Sam's a curious one. I guess it could be a lot of lens distortion, but that doesn't look like the render video posted in the Sam thread. The paint looks flat too, but I'm sure the overhead lighting isn't helping. Both Frodo and Sam could potentially be the renders we saw, just not well displayed, lit or shot.

Lee, what did you think when you saw them in person? Did they look like the renders that were posted in the thread?

For a 2nd improved sculpt, I was hoping frodo and sam to be much better.
So, should we buy these and hope for a better 3rd version in future.
What's Asmus doing here is very interesting now....!!!!!!
We may end up spending 300$ just to have a hobbit figure that looks good.

Yeah, there's definitely some bad lighting and probably some distortion going on in these pictures. There's also some questionable paintwork. The eyebrows on Sam and Frodo are way off. As are Frodo's eyes. I'm betting they were rushed a little bit to get them into the show. I'm not worried, though. Asmus has shown they're more than willing to revisit the paint apps of their protos when we have concerns.

And yes, Gimli looks great!

The only thing asmus need is a better sculptor and paint application.
Why is it taking them so long to get this right is a mystery to me.
Even threezero has better sculpts.
The Negan from walking dead is spot on.
And most of the game of thrones figures are almost 100% accurate.
What is threezero company doing that Asmus can't get right?
It's been a few years now since asmus is struggling with head sculpts.
Them releasing a 2nd version of the sculpt is ADMITTING THEY GOT IT WRONG THE FIRST TIME. But they continue to get it wrong again.
This is a shame for Lotr fans since we have no other 1/6 scale option.
Just a big shame.
By the way, I have all their Lotr figures in hand except Thranduil which is on preorder.

Back