Anyone else feel like a kid on Christmas morning with all the Con news?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halbert

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Is anyone else feeling like it is Christmas morning right now with all the goodies being teased? I'm a Hot Toys collector, and I can't help but feel very excited for all these new figures coming out

I did yesterday when I saw Hot Toys Anakin. That was THE biggest reveal of the con for me. Today feels like the day after Christmas.

Still, there's a ton of Marvel Legends stuff that probably hasn't been revealed yet... And I'm interested in seeing what the Black Series has planned now that they're printing the faces on the head sculpts.

Last night was like that for me I saw all the stuff and was wired until 4 am. Really gleeful, the Star Wars guys, Hannibal, all the Star Trek guys, Bttf, ecto 1, neca turtles, figuarts and strontium street fighter and mortal Kombat,

So much crazy stuff

Is anyone else feeling like it is Christmas morning right now with all the goodies being teased? I'm a Hot Toys collector, and I can't help but feel very excited for all these new figures coming out

Yes I get the same feeling too. Wish you a very nerdy Christmas to all!

With Ecto-1 and flying DeLorean, space is going to be the killer. Lots of OT Star Wars and Trek to boot.

Yeah. In fact between like 4:30pm yesterday till around 11pm, I felt high as a kite. My nerdish glee was uncontainable.

Goblin, I agree about the Anakin. I know Jack Baur had hinted at that before, but it felt as if it came out of nowhere. I hope he's up for preorder soon and we can have him by next summer. It's funny. Christensen is such a meh actor but him in that role, in THAT film....there's a lot of SW fans(myself included) who dig Revenge of the Sith. The second half of the film, for me, is damn near perfect. I'd go as far as to say, if you had to you could skip the first 2 prequels and just watch that movie and it would still be fine.

But yeah, Hot Toys ruled most of the day but I also loved QMX's Trek and seeing some of the Marvel Legends stuff(even though I'm kind of moving away from that scale altogether).

Top 5 figures I'm most hyped to get from the Con:

1. Anakin Skywalker(star wars)
2. Emperor Palpatine(star wars)
3. Khan(ST WOK)
4. Valkyrie(Thor Ragnorak)
5. Admiral Kirk/Captain Spock(ST WOK tie)

I felt like kid at Christmas for a while but then the realisation set it that I won't actually have any of this cool new stuff for a year or longer. :lol

I'd be living in a nightmare if I was a Star Wars, Marvel or DC collector. Just too much. My god the expense...or if not that then the pain of having to pass on so much.

It's always feast or famine in the collecting game, but this has been a hell of a feast. Now it's back to famine waiting for all of this stuff to actually come out. :lol

Feels like back in the day when I used to open the Sears or Montgomery Ward catalog and saw all the new toys available for Xmas. I used to circle what I wanted and taped the pics on my wall.

So excited when I saw Yondus face

OOh, I forgot about Yondu. Gonna have to update my list(sorry Kirk and Spock)...

1. Anakin Skywalker(star wars)
2. Emperor Palpatine(star wars)
3. Yondu(Guardians of the galaxy 2)
4. Khan(ST WOK)
5. Valkyrie(Thor Ragnorak)

BTW, in case anybody is wondering how Valkyrie got on of all characters, her sculpt just knocked me out. Incredibly faithful rendition. The other 4 it's a combination of the character and the figure itself.

Yeah as someone that used to own bunch of old popular small and large figures like:

1. Indiana Jones - I think Mego?
2. Spider-Man "figure" really statue with the motorized "web"
3. Batman and Robin with magnetic boots
4. GI Joes

And more, today was a crazy return to figures. Far more figures than statues for me at SDCC this year.

Back