LoreCraft! - New Sculptor - I make Fantasy/Dark Fantasy pieces

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoreCraft

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello all!
So I popped in here the other day and posted my most recent piece I did, looking for a good community to share with. You all seem like swell people, so I think I'm in a good place.
I am a fitness fanatic, of sorts, working on a Phd in an unrelated field to my art focus (behavioural sciences), and I am sculpting on the side... the rub is that I entered a stage where I am despising having to do the Phd and loving the sculpting more and more. I have no professional training - just utilizing my familiarity of playing with clay as a kid and some of my experience restoring old cars (it's how I knew how to make the fiberglass horns for Darkness).
I have a youtube channel I put up where I do timelapse step by step videos of what I create: https://www.youtube.com/c/LoreCraft
I have 3 pieces there, each showing stages of increasing detail and complexity. My most recent piece is, I think, the most impressive. My first piece, The Fiend, I got about 500 views. I made DARKNESS and I got 10,000 (see video here)! So I am really chuffed, and that emboldened me to see what else I can do. I am realizing that doing "my own" works, as in, my own imagination (like my first 2 pieces) won't necessarily generate all that much attention. I will not make a piece merely for popularity sake, but I am negotiable about the order of priority dependent on my desire to make them and the likely reward for doing so. For example, I really want to do The American Werewolf in London, and I want to do Dobby too, but not as much as the Wolf... but I know Dobby would be vastly more popular a piece just because of the fanaticism of the Harry Potter crowd. I will ultimately do both, but the order might change dependent on how the wind blows that day.
Anyways, I'd love to hear what you guys think. Feel free to check my channel, like, subscribe, all that, if you're interested. I am just a solo guy pushing his limits. Every piece I make is one of a kind, hand sculpted - as of right now I am not doing any molds or casting anything (and I see the wisdom in doing it, trust me!). This is all a one man operation in my studio apartment and I am making these on my kitchen table.
I will post a pic below. You can also see what I have up on my instagram.
Feel free to offer your thoughts! Thanks all!
darkness_from_the_movie_legend_by_lorecraftr-dbh073s.jpg

Back