Weta Workshop Mouth of Sauron on Steed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
149965988067bec4991ebed5e1743c7a6f73740421.jpg

This looks awesome....I haven't bought anything Weta in a long, long time...might get this.

It seems very over stylised to me and lacks a lot of the colours that are present on the steed. Check out LOTR Ext DVD in the Appendices to see what I mean as they have several stills of the steed there. The blankets are dirty 'royal blues' (of Gondor I imagine) and dark greens ( of Rohan?) The sash which hangs either side of the saddle is green wit h red and gold detailing. Plus the armour on the steed is heavily rusted.

I don't wish to knock it too much as it has long been awaited, but it looks far from screen accurate at the moment.

Very nice and a long awaited piece for many but I'm passing.

The price is too high, the piece is too stylized and I recently picked up the Asmus MoS on Steed, which is enough for me. (I also have the Weta bust and helm.)

For some reason I do not this will sell out till 2018...my first priority is Grond and Thranduil elk

I don't collect LOTR, but this looks great!! Still, the price tag means impulse purchases are not an option..

1. Is this in scale with the original Ringwraith on Steed from years back?

2. I've seen several negative comments; not being an expert on this guy, what are some general thoughts on this guy?

This should be same scale as the ringwraith.

Overall it's well done with lots of detail. Very movie specific (obviously), some mentioned the mail shirt was in the wrong hand. My ME collection is more literary based so I don't feel the need for this as I also have the helm.

Last edited:
This is true 1/6 scale...the old ringwraith on steed was smaller... 1/7-1/7.5 scale imho ...the MOS piece is beautiful

This just might be the single best Middle-earth piece ever done by anyone. It took my breath away with its amazing detail and over all feeling of just plain awesome greatness. If this sells out I would not part with this for three times what I paid for it. It is simply that spectacular in every way.

Back