Linkin Park's Chester Bennington: Gone at Age 41

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
These are threads I rarely consider making, but this was something I felt compelled to make and share. For me, Chester was such a huge musical influence on me growing up. It may seem weird getting emotional about the passing of someone you've never met before, but when you listen to their music for almost two decades, you can't help but feel the loss. Since the release of Hybrid Theory, his words and voice have moved me in so many ways.

Suicide is such as tragic act, causing a profound impact on so, so many. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Rest in peace, Chester. Thank you for getting me through more times than you'll ever know. We'll miss you.

I know what you mean, Chapter. I spent a good portion of my high school years listening to Hybrid Theory. It got me through some tough times, and so did Meteora. I was in complete shock when I read the news a few minutes ago... I still am in shock.

(The mods can feel free to close my thread since this was made before).

Re: RIP Chester Bennington

I cant help to be suspicous on hangings being actual murder. Lets just say there is a weard reason of celebritys being killed or anyone dying from a hanging drowning how would you know ??? Just sad news sorry i feel suspicous but had friend long ,long ago die in a jail cell where video tape just was gone and always felt way more to story when some die by hangings.

Goddamn, this is terrible. I loved Hybrid Theory when I was a kid. I bought it with my first paycheque from my first job.

Rest in peace, Chester.

I know what you mean, Chapter. I spent a good portion of my high school years listening to Hybrid Theory. It got me through some tough times, and so did Meteora. I was in complete shock when I read the news a few minutes ago... I still am in shock.

(The mods can feel free to close my thread since this was made before).

I'm right there with you. Some of the best times of my life were around Hybrid and Meteora. My best friend, who passed away some years ago now, and I would do a det karaoke to "In The End." We always had a blast with that song. Good times. :lol It's crazy how a 3 minute song can bring back such vivid memories.

I starting tearing up a little while ago listening to Meteora earlier today, after hearing of Chester's passing. There's just so much raw emotion in his voice and words, and it's sad knowing we'll never see or hear anymore of that live ever again. Our memories and those recordings are all we have now.

Shocked and saddened to hear this, I always remember Hybrid Theory being released (it was the first 'proper' album I ever bought - got it from good ol' Woolworths)...absolutely loved that album when I was younger and still listen to it now.

RIP :(

I cant help to be suspicous on hangings being actual murder. Lets just say there is a weard reason of celebritys being killed or anyone dying from a hanging drowning how would you know ??? Just sad news sorry i feel suspicous but had friend long ,long ago die in a jail cell where video tape just was gone and always felt way more to story when some die by hangings.

thats the first thing my uncle said. In our city there has been some hangings as well, around 5 the last month. it obviously has nothing to do with this but it is just freaky.

That song is hard to hear right now. Those lyrics seem eerily foreshadowing. I'd like to think they aren't though. :(

this was not linkin park, but my all time favorite song he ever sang for was the queen of the damned sountrack. I must have listened to this song at least a thousand times, at least.

Back