Howard Chan (Hot Toys CEO) at Comic-Con

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spawn-man

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was checking out all the amazing Hot Toys displays and reveals at SDCC, when I recognized Howard himself helping to set up and pose the figures. I walked up and said "Oh my god, you're Howard." He smiled and nodded. I introduced myself as a huge fan and shook his hand. I told him how awesome and exciting all the displays were and he thanked me. He is a humble and kind person. I just wanted to share my lucky encounter. :monkey3

Lmao I like how OP shared his experience and everyone's initial response is to basically grab Howard by the ankles, flip him upside down, and shake all toy info from his pockets and/or slap him :lol:rotfl

I was checking out all the amazing Hot Toys displays and reveals at SDCC, when I recognized Howard himself helping to set up and pose the figures. I walked up and said "Oh my god, you're Howard." He smiled and nodded. I introduced myself as a huge fan and shook his hand. I told him how awesome and exciting all the displays were and he thanked me. He is a humble and kind person. I just wanted to share my lucky encounter. :monkey3

Cool.

WHAT DID YOU SEE? Forget about shaking down Howard...what was there? lol

Awww... That's pretty cool! Did he pose some figures himself?

I would have been direct. I would have told him I have been waiting for Penguin since you announced in 2012. I would have told him it is very upsetting that as your customer you give very vague or no updates. I would have said I will continue to purchase your products but FYI Chan ****s not cool!!

Awww... That's pretty cool! Did he pose some figures himself?

He did indeed. That's part of what amazed me.

that's pretty cool man. Did you snap a quick pic with him?

No, I didn't want to bother him longer than I already did. And there was a strict no photography rule at the time (which probably only applied to the products haha).

That's awesome.

Glad it was you that met him and simply shook his hand and presumably thanked him for the overall great work they do, as opposed to immediately going right to asking demanding questions and asking where this or that is and why they haven't done this or that.

That's awesome.

Glad it was you that met him and simply shook his hand and presumably thanked him for the overall great work they do, as opposed to immediately going right to asking demanding questions and asking where this or that is and why they haven't done this or that.

Yeah, because being dicked around for years at a time is soooooo great. I'm with Zod. Where's the '66 Batmobile? Where's the '66 Joker? Why do you and your representatives deflect more questions than a politician who got caught with a hooker?

Yeah, because being dicked around for years at a time is soooooo great. I'm with Zod. Where's the '66 Batmobile? Where's the '66 Joker? Why do you and your representatives deflect more questions than a politician who got caught with a hooker?

I don't feel "dicked around" by a toy company. They don't owe me anything. My happiness and well being in life isn't contingent on them.

Politicians on the other hand.....

I don't feel "dicked around" by a toy company. They don't owe me anything. My happiness and well being in life isn't contingent on them.

Politicians on the other hand.....

You can be dicked around whether or not it affects your life.:lol In the grand scheme of things, if I never get a '66 Batmobile? It's just an expensive toy. Life goes on. That being said, HT's customer service is, frankly, pathetic, and it seems like the only time they ever do say anything is in those rare Q&As that only come, like, once every few years, of which, about 90% are cryptic non-answers. It's like talking to ****ing Miss Cleo.:lol

Back