Action Figure NECA A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriendlyPiranha

Super Freak
Reaction score
Today NECA has dropped a new teaser online. I hope this will be a part of their Ultimate line up.

NECA-Freddys-Revenge-Teaser.jpg

This new ultimate version will be packed with accessories (3 different head sculpts this time)

SDCC-2017-NECA-Horror-019.jpg

SDCC-2017-NECA-Horror-020.jpg

They also announced this amazing F13 accessory pack

SDCC-2017-NECA-Horror-026.jpg

That Freddy is amazing. I've gotten all the Ultimate Freddy figures so far and this figure is so good I might buy multiples this time. I love being able to keep the ultimates in the box but I like having a loose one to change the heads and weapons occasionally. Really, my biggest want hasn't been shown. I'm DYING for another Ultimate Jason. If Randy showed us an ultimate Pamela and Sackhead, I'd order 3 of each first thing.

I don't know how you guys feel, but for me this is just another disappointing ultimate figure. Here's a comparison:

The original

The new release

what's the main issue? A side by side comparison would have been helpful instead of having to view two different videos.

The paint job is very crude. Old figure had more tasteful and realistic paint application. It makes the whole thing look cheap. Honestly, I've seen bootleg figures looking a lot nicer. Unfortunately it's a trend and I can easily extrapolate to all reissues, with few minor exceptions.

Ultimate Freddy Krueger by scarrviper, on Flickr

Found him yesterday at TRU, only had one on the shelf. My first Freddy figure. Quality overall seems pretty good. No stuck joints, paint for the most part is clean, only have a few things I want to fix or tweak. Like with the part 6 Jason reissue's head, this figure has a glossy paint wash that feels very tacky to the touch on all 3 heads, the neck, and the flesh hands. It wipes off with goo gone really easily.

I mean for $25 IDK what there is to complain about. He's still in my pile of loot, but from everything I've seen he looks good to me...and again, it's a $25 toy.

I've found tons of this one at the local Toys R Us's around me. Bought one for me and a buddy, and love it so much I might buy a second cause these ultimates are just so cool in the package.

I have the original release as well, but he's buried away in a box. I'll try to dog him out for side by side shots!

Last edited:
I mean for $25 IDK what there is to complain about. He's still in my pile of loot, but from everything I've seen he looks good to me...and again, it's a $25 toy.

I'm paying $35-40 for a regular Neca figure, so speak for yourself. For my money, I have the right to complain. And this is a "collectible", not a toy. It doesn't have the characteristics of a toy and it's not designed to be played with. You don't handle a toy like a Fabergé egg and you don't put it in boiling water just to move a couple millimeters.

Back