McFarlane Toys Star Trek 7″ Scale Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriendlyPiranha

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here’s a first look at the all-new Star Trek 7″ Scale Action Figures coming from McFarlane Toys!

McFarlane-Star-Trek-Captain-Kirk.jpg

McFarlane-Star-Trek-TNG-Captain-Picard.jpg

I think there needs to be a Star Trek Action Figures section. Between QMx, the 1/12 line, Mcfarlane and customs there should be enough content to justify.

I didn't think I should check the "general collectibles" for this thread before posting.

That is where all the other Trek AF threads are located (QMx, Mezco, etc) but hopefully McFarlane will release some "aliens" for this line as well. Klingons, Romulans, Andorians, etc, etc, etc...

But for some reason, aliens are not viewed the same way in the Trek universe. Probably because so many species are basically just humans with various kinds of forehead ridges :lol

In the past I've never really been satisfied with Star Trek figures - in small scales they've tended to be too toy-like IMO. And at 1:6 they don't seem to get top calibre treatment either. I haven't even been impressed with the QMX stuff. I think the bigger (and pricier) the figure the better the likeness and the paintjob have to be - any shortcoming is that much more noticeable and makes it harder to want to spend the money.

These might be a nice balance though if the production figures turn out well - reasonable likenesses for the scale and the aesthetic of the uniforms hasn't been ruined with blocky articulation (at least not yet as far as I can see)

Picard likeness is very good indeed. McFarlane needs to learn what joints are before this gets any interest from me, however.

So...what happened here with McFarlane exactly? Kirk and Picard and then...what...he gave up the ghost before seeing if Spock would sell? Is this line officially dead, Jim? There hasn't been anything from it in years now.

Oh it's dead as a doornail. Playmates has the license now and is going retro, which may actually work (somehow Mego is still going strong, so...).

I liked the general style of them, and the articulation, but felt like the likenesses could've been better at that scale and with the McFarlane name. It is sad to see a line die after only 2 figures...hard to tell what it could have been with that small a sample size. Have to get at least 4-5 to really get a look at what the goals were.

The interesting thing is that McFarlane went the route so many have - making Kirk and Picard to start, which have been done a million times and are not worth buying anymore unless they have lesser-known characters around them. Hard to know who the target market was. Hardcore fans have a dozen of each; non-hardcore fans likely wouldn't even know they existed at their release. A big fail all around.

Back