Big Chief Studios Doctor Who or Threezero Game of Thrones?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kebron

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm looking to fill a whole in my besta shelf. After looking around at a lot of different options, I think I've finally settled for one of these two figures series.

Both companies have made some good and bad figures, but both also seem to be improving as they keep making more.

I'm looking for some input from people who may have bought both. If you had to choose one which would you choose?

Thanks!

Hello!

I'm looking to fill a whole in my besta shelf. After looking around at a lot of different options, I think I've finally settled for one of these two figures series.

Both companies have made some good and bad figures, but both also seem to be improving as they keep making more.

I'm looking for some input from people who may have bought both. If you had to choose one which would you choose?

Thanks!

I'd have to say Threezero and Game of Thrones are the better quality figures.

A poll would serve you better, you'd avoid all the "buy what you like/want" posts.

GoT would be easier/cheaper to pick up past figures I think and will make for a more diverse cast of characters.

A poll would serve you better, you'd avoid all the "buy what you like/want" posts.

GoT would be easier/cheaper to pick up past figures I think and will make for a more diverse cast of characters.

Never considered a poll. Might do that.

As for buy what I like, that's the problem I do like both equally and think I could make a really nice display out of either. I do agree that the GoT ones would make a more diverse looking display, but the Doctor and TARDIS has a lot of appeal to me too.

Never considered a poll. Might do that.

As for buy what I like, that's the problem I do like both equally and think I could make a really nice display out of either. I do agree that the GoT ones would make a more diverse looking display, but the Doctor and TARDIS has a lot of appeal to me too.

4th Doctor without K-9 and no cybermen is a deal-breaker for me. I agree with John and lordregnis about ThreeZero quality over BCS too.

Honestly Threezero's production figures leave a little to be desired for. They aren't really hitting, whereas the first few Doctor Who figures were a little rougher but their most recent have been home runs. Their most recent 10 and especially 9 have been amazing looking figures.

I collect both.
imho, ThreeZero's Thrones figures are far more attainable in terms of finding the older figures and keeping costs at around $200. Their likenesses are a bit hit-or-miss but their overall quality is far superior.
Doctor Who is my lifelong favorite show, and BF's likenesses and costume tailoring is very good, but their price point is about $30-$50 more per figure, depending on your retailer... and good luck getting a Fourth Doctor. My main gripe with them is the terrible, lightweight, junky body they use. I've literally had a figure with a broken-loose shoulder joint right out of the box! Two others have had problems with joints being too tightly assembled and immovable.

I collect both lines too, (so probably not going to be much help here! :lol)...I love the Doctor Who range but they can be a bit on the pricey side (I just stick to the Doctor figures myself) but have to say their 1/6 scale TARDIS is an awesome piece (IMHO of course). They have improved vastly since the start and are getting better with each release. The First Doctor in particular is one of my absolute favourites out of 1/6 scale figures that I own. :) Some of the early figures can be hard to get though (and expensive!).

Game of Thrones is a similar story tbh (hit and miss in the likeness department), although as it has been pointed out - there is/will be a great range of characters that could be made. I have also found them to be a bit cheaper than BCS.

Both have great lines from great franchises so really you can't go wrong either way. :)

Back