Lost in Space Will Robinson review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
review_loswill_10.jpg

Things have been a little quiet on the sixth scale front for me (still waiting on my Wonder Woman!), but Executive Replicas' new Lost in Space Will Robinson has hit, and I have my review up tonight. Let's just say I'm disappointed...

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-071717a.htm

You can also find the review as the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Remember, SDCC starts Wednesday, and to keep up with all my photo coverage you should follow me on Twitter or Facebook. Thanks!

Michael

Excellent Review Michael!:clap You touched on Both aspects that I have with this figure. The shirt and paint of the Sculpt. If I pick this up a Sculpt repaint is in order for sure. Ive started to collect their older figures, but folks want too much for them nowadays.:lol

Why aren't there freckles? That really makes no sense at all. It would have gone a long way to help sell who he is. Very bad choice to leave off the strongest identifier.

I don't see really any improvement over the Doctor Smith figure. This one is more than double that. Easy pass honestly.

At $40-$60 (the original price neighborhood for this line) this level of "quality" is questionable. At $180 it's a joke.

Sean

This is very disappointing. When the prototype was originally shown, it was weak, but I hoped they would take some feedback and make some improvements. The sculpt, lack of freckles, fit of the clothing, etc., not worth $180. With the abilities of these companies to access skilled services, there is no way this figure or any other coming through this line should be at a level the industry was 10 years ago. The laser pistol and boots, very nice, everything else is drek.

Sorry to say and I mean this in the best way.. this line and this one especially is total crap... drop the mic!

I'm not familiar with the source material this is from, but yikes, this figure makes some of Star Ace's questionable releases look like Hot Toys figures.

I swear there are some super faint freckles on his face... looks like they were painted on, but are far to faint to really be appreciated.

But, either way this seems like a huge miss. Phicen and ER seem to want to be in the big league when it comes to 1/6, but so far the only thing they can get right is the price.

As someone who has supported this line from the first figure this is a mixed bag. While I am glad it finally got produced, I am disappointed with the attempt to try and upgrade the quality. A head sculpt of a known celebrity should first and foremost look like the person it is suppose to represent. All the skin texture and fine detail hair sculpting in the world can not make up for a lackluster likeness. If the head fails to look like the actor or actress it is an epic fail. Scifimetropolis, Executive Replicas, Pichen or whatever brand is responsible owes a certain obligation to the consumers who have patiently waited years for this line to be completed. I can't speak for everyone, but I would much rather they had used the original prototype that was created some years ago. It would have fit in much better with the six figures I have already purchased, and it actually looked like Bill Mumy. No high end company is going to take on this license, and if they do they would likely only offer a few characters and drop it. While I applaud the tenacity of this company and their resolve to finish this line, I can't help but feel that long time supporters got thrown under the bus in favor of newer collectors who prefer detailed sculpts to accurate likenesses. I have waited this long for a Will Robinson figure I can hold out for a better price on this one and commission a head sculpt I will be happy with.

Too bad, I just built the Moebius 1/6 scale B9 Robot & this would've made a nice companion piece...if it weren't total garbage.

As someone who has supported this line from the first figure this is a mixed bag. While I am glad it finally got produced, I am disappointed with the attempt to try and upgrade the quality. A head sculpt of a known celebrity should first and foremost look like the person it is suppose to represent. All the skin texture and fine detail hair sculpting in the world can not make up for a lackluster likeness. If the head fails to look like the actor or actress it is an epic fail. Scifimetropolis, Executive Replicas, Pichen or whatever brand is responsible owes a certain obligation to the consumers who have patiently waited years for this line to be completed. I can't speak for everyone, but I would much rather they had used the original prototype that was created some years ago. It would have fit in much better with the six figures I have already purchased, and it actually looked like Bill Mumy. No high end company is going to take on this license, and if they do they would likely only offer a few characters and drop it. While I applaud the tenacity of this company and their resolve to finish this line, I can't help but feel that long time supporters got thrown under the bus in favor of newer collectors who prefer detailed sculpts to accurate likenesses. I have waited this long for a Will Robinson figure I can hold out for a better price on this one and commission a head sculpt I will be happy with.

Executive Replicas seems to only care about trying to portray themselves as some ultra high end collectable company, with laughable pricing. The (not done well enough) 2001 line and this Will Robinson are perfect examples. I do appreciate the different subject matter but if you're going to acquire a license then you need to live up to today's standards, not Barbie or 1990s GI Joe standards that essentially will kill any possible interest from any other manufacturer of the more obscure lines who might do it better.

Sean

Back