1/6 Hot Toys Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoMo

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome Valerian, let me sit you down next to Green Lantern, Prometheus, Smooth Criminal and Tomorrowland* in the "Figures that will never get made" section.

"A universe without boundaries needs heroes without limits.

Tighten your seatbelt and get ready for a journey to the City of a Thousand Planets.

Watch out for more Hot Toys updates very soon!"
.....most likely probably not.

19989574_10154692435042344_953510325123843429_n.jpg

*Credit a-dev

Last edited:
Laughable. Your opening line stated it perfectly. Add Tomorrowland - another ''was never going to be, so WTF'' license that they announced. :rolleyes2

Laughable. Your opening line stated it perfectly. Add Tomorrowland - another ''was never going to be, so WTF'' license that they announced. :rolleyes2

I'm totally going to add it and every Hot Toys over promises. From the ashes of Valenian we shall build a memorial to Product Lines taken before we ever had a chance to say a character looks too much like an Asian (Insert Actor Name Here)

HotToys has become like Scrooge! :rotfl

Not sharing any (even questionable) movie property because...."mine".
Movie Anniversaries.... "bah humbug".

Chan should seriously get visited by the ghosts of Movie Masterpieces Past.

This will never happen. But...what if they release a Rihanna figure? Wouldn't that be nuts? It'd probably shelf warm like crazy and then when it FINALLY sells out(3 years from it's release), it becomes rare as hell and everybody is like,"I should've got that one"! What? What? Not gonna happen? Yeah probably not :)

Geez what a waste. This movie is going to bomb hard. Even if they never release a figure, they've likely already wasted resources sculpting and fabricating prototypes.

Love Luc Besson, love Fifth Element, love Eurocomics. In my part of the UK they're showing this film for a grand total of two days. Only one cinema is showing it more than once a day and in 3D. Really wanted this to succeed but it's not going to get the space in Hollywood's marketplace sadly.

With that being said, while I'd actually like to see these figures happen it's almost certainly going to be another Prometheus/Tomorrowland vapourware license. At least NECA's making some figures, I guess :dunno

They'll announce this (and do nothing with it) and then skip doing Blade Runner 2049 figures.:slap

IMG_0767.JPG

Turns out we'll be seeing them at Comic-Con this week. That being said who knows if they'll make it to the pre-ordering stage, ala Yellowjacket.

That haircut Cara's character does remind me of Pepper Pot's. I wonder if this will be a big seller... I doubt it.
I guess Spider-Man fans can alter Dane Dehaan into a custom Harry Osborn/Green Goblin.

if it's made and Cara's head is good, i'll buy it separately and put it on one of phicen bodies.
no other interest for this Mass Effect ripoff.

Back