The Dark Tower - The Gunslinger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacara

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone know if Hot Toys have any plans for this. Really hoping to see the movie rendition of this character , Idris looks spectacular in this.

Sent from a single point in space and time

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Dark Towet - The Gunslinger

I agree 100%. There is a 10 inch statue coming. I saw on bbts

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Anyone know if Hot Toys have any plans for this. Really hoping to see the movie rendition of this character , Idris looks spectacular in this.

They're too busy with Marvel...they can't even seem to get Ripley out to the folks that ordered her. Your best bet would be for a figure from a 3rd party company.

I see no chance of HT offering them.

I can see DAM or VTS offering them.

Honestly the movie looks crappy anyways. I actually like King and the book series but don't have much interest in the film. Personally I think it should have been McConaughey as Roland. For some reason Idris Elba just isn't what I envisioned.

Karl Urban or Hugh Jackman as the Gunslinger.

McConaugheyheyhey is alright alright alright.

Honestly the movie looks crappy anyways. I actually like King and the book series but don't have much interest in the film. Personally I think it should have been McConaughey as Roland. For some reason Idris Elba just isn't what I envisioned.

Yeah I know what you mean. But he looks very cool and carries the persona very well. McConaughey is a great cast though

Yeah I know what you mean. But he looks very cool and carries the persona very well. McConaughey is a great cast though

Can you correct the thread title please.

It doesn't seem to allow it

I've never been much of an Idris Elba fan I guess. People seem to love the guy online but I dunno. I feel like he's a bit overrated personally.

Karl Urban or Hugh Jackman as the Gunslinger.

McConaugheyheyhey is alright alright alright.
Jackman could have been a decent choice for Roland too. Only thing is he's getting a bit older and who knows if he'd want to commit to sequels (assuming this does well enough that we get more). I like Urban but not sure I'd choose him for the role. McConaughey feels right to me honestly. He can play odd characters and has the ability to look rugged which is what I think is needed.

Movie looks great...can't wait to see it. I actually like Idris, his work on The Wire & Luthor is outstanding, so I'm glad my POV won't be skewed by what was in the books cause I didn't read them.

Oh...to the OPs question, if it ain't Disney, NO CHANCE!

Movie looks great...can't wait to see it. I actually like Idris, his work on The Wire & Luthor is outstanding, so I'm glad my POV won't be skewed by what was in the books cause I didn't read them.

Oh...to the OPs question, if it ain't Disney, NO CHANCE!

Haha sadly you're probably correct which is ashame. Their "tailors" could do a blinding job with his outfit. I was kind of hoping it would be a one shot, like Ezio from Assassins Creed (another gem from he past)

more bigger chance came from ThreeZero, they seems to take some movie licence that Hot Toys decided to pass

I feel like it's not just Idris Elba... it's the whole story just doesn't seem right (based on the trailers). But I have to say, the different ways they show him reloading his guns is awesome.

Honestly I feel like the whole thing would have worked better as a series on HBO or Netflix or something.

Back