Art boxes / shipping boxes in attic?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbieguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone keep there skipping and/or art boxes in their attic? I have luggage and other things up there with no issues in 10 years.

if you don't have any issues, why are you posting this? added sense of security from us?

Just seeing if anyone else has concerns with cardboard in the attic. Don't need reassurance from anyone. Never understand why people have the need to respond when they have nothing to say.

I keep 99% of the collectible boxes in the attic as well. On one side there are the collectible boxes from various companies (SSC, HT, MR, EFX, Koto, Attakus etc.), on the other there are empty regular boxes to use for other things.

I keep 99% of the collectible boxes in the attic as well. On one side there are the collectible boxes from various companies (SSC, HT, MR, EFX, Koto, Attakus etc.), on the other there are empty regular boxes to use for other things.

Thanks! This will make my wife very happy!! I will move any of my art boxes that have shipping boxes up to a safe place in the attic this Friday. Those without shipping boxes can stay in our closets. The only negative is whenever you want to make a tweak to pose and change hands or something you gotta get in in the attic. Oh well...I'll take that if it makes the wife happy.

They are fine in the attic.

If it gets very hot up there, like all attics do, the glue will soften. So if you can keep in in the shippers.

Also boxes that have a gloss clearcoat like the early SW and GIJoe boxes can yellow.

Thanks! This will make my wife very happy!! I will move any of my art boxes that have shipping boxes up to a safe place in the attic this Friday. Those without shipping boxes can stay in our closets. The only negative is whenever you want to make a tweak to pose and change hands or something you gotta get in in the attic. Oh well...I'll take that if it makes the wife happy.

I don't tend to leave anything in the boxes.

Thanks guys! I plan on only putting boxes with shippers in the attic. And will probably wrap each in a garbage bag just for added piece of mind. Most likely put my six PF boxes up there. I never get into them. That's a lot of freed up space right there. Will be able to consolidate my 18 1/6 scale boxes into a much smaller footprint with those six boxes out of site.

mine are in the attic but I don't leave anything in the boxes. all the accessories are in little organizer tubs with labels.

Thanks guys! I plan on only putting boxes with shippers in the attic. And will probably wrap each in a garbage bag just for added piece of mind. Most likely put my six PF boxes up there. I never get into them. That's a lot of freed up space right there. Will be able to consolidate my 18 1/6 scale boxes into a much smaller footprint with those six boxes out of site.

One thing I do is I put all my extra PF parts in shoe boxes and keep them close to where I display my statues. So the only thing I am storing in a separate area are the empty boxes in the brown shippers.

I like all of my housefires to begin in the attic...so I store all my combustibles up there.

Gasoline cans (full of coures)...check;

3A Ashley Wood figures (they reek of some sort of gas/petroleum by-product)...check

I like all of my housefires to begin in the attic...so I store all my combustibles up there.

Gasoline cans (full of coures)...check;

3A Ashley Wood figures (they reek of some sort of gas/petroleum by-product)...check

it's probably the weathering paints they used. probably used real mud & kerosene.

One thing I do is I put all my extra PF parts in shoe boxes and keep them close to where I display my statues. So the only thing I am storing in a separate area are the empty boxes in the brown shippers.

i always put all the parts in the box so. when i decided on a pose, i don't plan to change it, and i don't play with them. even if i take photos, it'd be on the same setups. even the hands. I've though about it when i handle it, usually it takes 1 hour or so to accessorize & pose. and those with many weapons i usually select the signature weapons for each characters.

rarely i need to put the parts in a box, which i use to store loose parts. but then again, i don't need to climb all the way up to the attic to get them in the 1st place. just need to remove few stacked courier boxes, probably a few more if i took the wrong one.

usually the boxes are sorted in either series/style/brand/type. Robots goes to the robot boxes, Potatoes to the Potatoe boxes.

Back