Buying from Sideshow in UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polardune

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi guys can anyone here from the UK shed some light on buying Hot Toys from Sideshow? I see that the exchange rate results in a cheaper figure (customs aside) than buying locally together with reward points and international promo codes. There's also payment plans and buying direct from the official site appeals to me.

I've bought figures internationally before and a few have slipped past customs while others are held. Are FedEx pretty consistent with the charges
or is it generally pretty random?

What are your guys' experiences? is buying from Sideshow in the UK viable enough to buy all my figures there?

Thanks!

From Sweden but in the same boat as you with customs etc.

What I've found is that is pays to compare Every item. Local pricing can vary alot for example my E-Web Cannon was cheaper to but from SS even after shipping and customs, but IG-88 was alot cheaper locally.

I also sometimes buy locally to spreas out the arrival of figures so I don't get alot of things shipping/charging at once, since locally here is usually 2-3 months after SS.

You will always get a customs charge with FedEx.

Back