Banned from Evil Corp (Sideshow.com)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salekfx

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi hello there!
This is a thread i have been trying not to create for months and months now but i guess i couldn't hold it for any longer..

Long story short, i have been a collector for 5 years, been a sideshow customer for most of it, spent thousands of $$$ on collectibles, until one day sideshow(evil corp) decided to close my account, cancel all my pre-orders(they never re-inbursed the pre-order payments), nor sent an email letting me know as of why they decided to close my account. so after days of trying to get a hold of them they finally replied.. turns out a few of the gift cards i got from figures sales chargeback? so sideshow decided that i am not to be trusted and never to allow me to buy stuff from then again...

I tried to find out which gift cards were the ones that got chargeback but they would not tell me, but anyways. it may just be me but i don't think this is a good way to deal with customers... we put a lot of our time and money on buying this stuff and then we are treated like villians when something goes not as planned.... i would rather have paid whatever gift card got chargeback but as i said before they would refuse to tell me.
I am pretty sure whatever amount that was would not even be 100$? 150$?, so lets do the math, i am a customer for years and years, drop over 15k if not more into the stuff, one day less than 150$ gets chargeback by the bank. all of a sudden i am the worst villian ever to exist.

great job Sideshow... next time please inform your customers before you decide to take the most random/retarded actions, and stop being an overpriced joke.

Chat started: 2017-03-31 08:10 PM UTC

(08:10:36 PM) Salekfx: chargebacks how?
(08:11:40 PM) Salekfx: there has to be an explanation for this. i have never chargebacked anything
(08:12:08 PM) Sideshow Support: Hang tight, we're running a bit slower than normal. Thanks for your patience!
(08:15:08 PM) Salekfx: ok
(08:20:37 PM) *** Agali joined the chat ***
(08:20:43 PM) Agali: Hello Salekfx
(08:20:55 PM) Salekfx: Hi
(08:21:03 PM) Salekfx: I just received emails that says sideshow cancelled all my pre orders? and when i try to login it says that my account is not active? whats going on?
(08:21:16 PM) Salekfx: "sideshow: Due to multiple charge backs, your account has been closed. "
(08:21:36 PM) Salekfx: except i have never done a chargeback ever
(08:24:04 PM) Agali: Let me go ahead and transfer you over to our Customer Service manager so he may be able to assist you.
(08:24:11 PM) *** Eric joined the chat ***
(08:24:11 PM) *** Agali left the chat ***
(08:24:18 PM) Salekfx: ok
(08:24:44 PM) Eric: Hi Salekfx. Your open pre-orders were cancelled and your account was locked due to multiple chargebacks being filed against gift cards used to make purchases on your account.
(08:25:56 PM) Salekfx: ok so it comes from giftcards then not from me. i was given the giftcards in exchange for figures i sold.. sadly that is out of my control. i have never used giftcards before, look at my history
(08:26:15 PM) Salekfx: i dont think is fair to block the account because a gift card was cancelled without informing me first
(08:26:42 PM) Salekfx: so thes that means one can give bad gift cards to people and get their accounts blocked also? how does this makes sense.
(08:26:46 PM) Eric: You would need to contact the purchasers of the gift cards. We cannot assist you further.
(08:26:50 PM) Salekfx: lesson learned i will never use a gift card again, unless i buy it.
(08:27:06 PM) Salekfx: so what happens to all my NRD
(08:27:09 PM) Salekfx: on my pre orders
(08:27:24 PM) Eric: All deposits and payments made will be refunded.
(08:27:48 PM) Salekfx: how can i chase down the people that gave me the giftcards
(08:27:53 PM) Salekfx: if i dont know which ones got cancelled?
(08:28:01 PM) Salekfx: i received no email no notification, nothing from sideshow
(08:28:07 PM) Eric: I'm not able to assist you with that. The gift cards were not cancelled, chargebacks were filed against them.
(08:28:31 PM) Salekfx: is there a way for me to know which gift cards then? that way i can identify the people that gave it to me?
(08:28:49 PM) Salekfx: or am i supposed to just accept the fact that my account with great history just got killed
(08:29:26 PM) Salekfx: i have a big name in the collectors world, i receive alot of different payments
(08:29:31 PM) Salekfx: for stuff i sell
(08:30:00 PM) Salekfx: you cant just shut down my account without an explanation on whats the actual issue.
(08:30:25 PM) Eric: That is the issue, Salekfx. Multiple purchases you made with giftcards came back as chargebacks.
(08:30:52 PM) Salekfx: can i get the gift card numbers? so i can identify the person that gave them to me ?
(08:30:53 PM) Eric: We cannot allow an account with frequent fraudulent activity attached to it.
(08:31:13 PM) Salekfx: it cant be "frequent" as i have only used giftcards twice tops
(08:31:34 PM) Salekfx: whats amazing is that sideshow wont contact me to let me know that there are issues
(08:32:02 PM) Salekfx: they just closed my ****, sounds very professional.
(08:32:31 PM) Salekfx: so seen my account as a fraudulent one seems fun i guess.
(08:32:35 PM) Salekfx: last question
(08:32:56 PM) Salekfx: whats next? i cant contact the people that gave me the cards because i have no idea what cards are the ones that got chargeback
(08:33:27 PM) Eric: There were 5 different chargebacks filed against 5 different gift cards used by you.
(08:34:03 PM) Salekfx: great, can i have the codes that were chargeback please?
(08:35:20 PM) Eric: They were all in the amount of $30.
(08:35:41 PM) Eric: There really isn't information I could provide you with that would help you identify the cards or who provided them to you.
(08:36:00 PM) Salekfx: there is, if you give me the codes, i can check my email and find out whos code is it
(08:37:20 PM) Eric: If it's possible to acquire that information, I will e-mail it to you. I'm not sure we're able to do that at this point.
(08:37:47 PM) Eric: [email protected] is the best e-mail to reach you, yes?
(08:37:51 PM) Salekfx: yes
(08:38:06 PM) Salekfx: and until that happens, i no longer have an account or can purchase stuff?
(08:38:14 PM) Eric: That's correct, Salekfx.
(08:38:46 PM) Salekfx: great. atleast we know that there is a massive bug hole in sideshows systems.
(08:38:57 PM) Salekfx: and that anyone, at any moment can destroys other peoples account
(08:39:06 PM) Salekfx: by just giving them codes that later get chargeback.
(08:39:15 PM) Eric: With all do respect, Salekfx, to have chargebacks filed against 5 different gift cards on multiple purchases, we cannot allow that.
(08:39:26 PM) Salekfx: i am guilty then of something i did not do. or knew about
(08:40:15 PM) Salekfx: it was great to have sideshow while it lasted then. sorry for wasting your time and thanks for closing my account after aroumnd 150$ of chargebacks(not from me) but from giftcards
(08:40:28 PM) Salekfx: i would have just paid the 150$ to shut sideshows mouth
(08:40:36 PM) Salekfx: but whatever
(08:40:38 PM) Salekfx: have a great day.
(08:41:00 PM) Eric: You do the same, Salekfx. I'm sorry we can't continue a relationship with you but we can't allow that type of activity.
(08:41:29 PM) Salekfx: note. i will make sure this chat is made public in the forums. so please send it to my email.
(08:41:30 PM) Salekfx: thank you.
(08:41:32 PM) Salekfx: bye.
(08:41:43 PM) Eric: You'll receive a copy of the transcript.
(09:00:03 PM) *** Eric left the chat ***

After many months, i still have not received an email from them. the lesson here is, be careful when receiving Giftcards, as they may just be the end of your account without an explanation or warning/notification.

peace.

salekfx.

Last edited:
Were these Sideshow giftcards or like just random Visa/Discover type cards?

But is common for customers with chargebacks to be told to go elsewhere for their business. :dunno

these were sideshow giftcards codes. but the issue is that, if they had notified me at the least i would have paid whatever was missing instead of being treated like an evil master mind.

Were these Sideshow giftcards or like just random Visa/Discover type cards?

But is common for customers with chargebacks to be told to go elsewhere for their business. :dunno

You said at one point you helped to create many of the figures SSC sells so do you have any emails/phone numbers etc to point of contacts within the company that you can contact?

That sucks, I don't think I'd be happy losing my account for less than the cost of ONE freaking figure, without so much as contact from them.

You said at one point you helped to create many of the figures SSC sells so do you have any emails/phone numbers etc to point of contacts within the company that you can contact?

No, i meant i work on movies and help make the characters come to life, i don't know anyone at sideshow or anybody that makes the actual collectible figures.

That sucks, I don't think I'd be happy losing my account for less than the cost of ONE freaking figure, without so much as contact from them.

Yep, as i said if they would bother on emailing me to let me know that the gift cards went bad and that i have to pay i don't see an issue with that, but the whole rant is about them not even trying to contact me to let me know, instead they just shut down my account, cancelled pre orders i had for over 6 months, and didn't even refunded the NRD money. just weird and sad.

SSC's CS has really been going down the drain in recent years. Sucks about your account, but hopefully, you'll get your money back.

I tried registering another account, and pre ordered a statue again, a day later it got deleted and pre order cancelled.... i guess they blacklisted my name from doing business with them.

I tried registering another account, and pre ordered a statue again, a day later it got deleted and pre order cancelled.... i guess they blacklisted my name from doing business with them.

Get a new ip with new funding and do not link any of your old info with new account (i.e. New name address email etc) . There are ways around things

Those gift cards, if I'm reading it right, you took them as payment for something you sold to someone? So in other words, they gave you dead cards?

Those gift cards, if I'm reading it right, you took them as payment for something you sold to someone? So in other words, they gave you dead cards?

I got rid of alot of stuff, because i decided to stick to star wars only, so i sold all my iron man figures and everything else that was not related to star wars, i received paypal and/or sideshow giftcards for them since the main reason i was selling was to buy more star wars stuff to complete my collection. it is hard for me to track whos code got chargeback and sideshow wont help me find it either, so it is impossible for me to know who did the chargeback, either way i was willing to pay the alleged 150$ from the codes with problems but i had no idea this was happening, sideshow never notified me. i only knew this happened cause i received tons of email of cancelled pre orders. and when i tried to login to see what was happening i learned i no longer had an account. there was never a warning, or notification about some of the codes being bad. i was not trying to pull anything from sideshow, 99% of my purchases are one time payments with credit cards, the first time i decided to use codes everything went south.

Just my opinion, but I think there should have been more of an attempt to contact you before canceling and refunding everything, but if that's their policy, that's their policy. (I don't agree with it though.)

But in their defense, 5 charge backs is ridiculous. I'm just curious, but did you by chance get 5 gift cards from the same person? I'm lead to believe from the convo. that someone(s) basically canceled the gift cards you used to get their money back??? I didn't even think that was possible. I thought wasn't they were applied to an order, that's it.

I'm sorry to hear about all of this though. It sucks to say the least. I'd attempt to contact them again (and maybe another person over the phone) to attempt to talk this through.

I got rid of alot of stuff, because i decided to stick to star wars only, so i sold all my iron man figures and everything else that was not related to star wars, i received paypal and/or sideshow giftcards for them since the main reason i was selling was to buy more star wars stuff to complete my collection. it is hard for me to track whos code got chargeback and sideshow wont help me find it either, so it is impossible for me to know who did the chargeback, either way i was willing to pay the alleged 150$ from the codes with problems but i had no idea this was happening, sideshow never notified me. i only knew this happened cause i received tons of email of cancelled pre orders. and when i tried to login to see what was happening i learned i no longer had an account. there was never a warning, or notification about some of the codes being bad. i was not trying to pull anything from sideshow, 99% of my purchases are one time payments with credit cards, the first time i decided to use codes everything went south.

It sounds to me that this is the same person. What are the odds that multiple people requested a charge back for the gift cards? I think someone is trying to screw you over, IMO.

Did you get them all from the same person? I just don't understand paying with Sideshow Gift cards.

Trouble is, all they can see is the chargebacks and with 5 of them coming in, it looks deceptive. I would just buy my things through other parties. BBTS, Alter Ego, etc.

I also agree that 5 chargebacks (and yes they were all from the same person 5 x 30$ cards = $150) is ridiculous, which is why i even told sideshow if this really happened i can just pay for it, but don't just close my account and treat me like i am a criminal. i didn't even know this was happening, i just purchased a couple figures just like i do every month. and then one morning i was gone. no warning no nothing. and whenever i try to contact them they just say they cannot tolerate this type of activity.....
there is no activity, i order alot of ****, in one of the orders the gift cards got cancelled it seems, but i was never notified about it, why wont they cancel the order and notify me that there was an issue? how old are we 5? plus $150 chargeback means they can just cancel all my pre orders that i did with my credit card and kill it all? way to run a business.

Just my opinion, but I think there should have been more of an attempt to contact you before canceling and refunding everything, but if that's their policy, that's their policy. (I don't agree with it though.)

But in their defense, 5 charge backs is ridiculous. I'm just curious, but did you by chance get 5 gift cards from the same person? I'm lead to believe from the convo. that someone(s) basically canceled the gift cards you used to get their money back??? I didn't even think that was possible. I thought wasn't they were applied to an order, that's it.

I'm sorry to hear about all of this though. It sucks to say the least. I'd attempt to contact them again (and maybe another person over the phone) to attempt to talk this through.

and yes, i am done with sideshow, i just wanted to put this out there so people are careful with gift codes, sideshow seems to have no idea on how their own gift cards work. and no way to track them down, so instead they will come after you and delete your account. like a monkey with a knife stay away from them.

14 of my big collector friends are supporting my cause and will not be buying from Evil Corp anymore. i know it means nothing to them but gotta start somewhere.

After hearing this story, I definitely won't be accepting gift cards from people unless its family or friends. Again, sorry to hear about all of this.

Well according to Celebrity Net Worth you're worth 1.3M so if you want I'll buy whatever you wanted and ship it to you for a nominal fee :wink1:

:lol

Back