Captain Toy Picks...Top Ten Defunct Toy/Collectibles Companies!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hope everyone who was celebrating various holidays this last weekend had a great time! It's back to it with another Captain Toy Picks...and this time, it's all about the companies that once were but are no more. I'm picking my Top Ten Defunct Toy/Collectibles Companies right here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/FEATURE-070517.htm

Palisades made me cry when Sesame Street was announced and made me cry when not much came out.

Ah, glad to see Galoob in the honarable mentions. Biker Mice was the shizz back then. :lol

The day that I heard that SOTA was making a Darkman figure was a great one...when I got my hands on it it literally was my favorite material possession! I have also said it before and will say it again...greatest non-sixth scale action figure line EVER...Art Asylum's Enterprise line...some were not fans of the show (I was) but the figures were superb!

Triad was a worthy mention, Cap. Still got my Zorro, Ghost, and John Carter. Loved those renditions of those characters!

I remember just before Master Replica's fell apart.. they were announcing they were going to produce GHOSTBUSTERS products.

Was so excited to maybe finally own a licensed Proton Pack with bells and whistles.. then just a few months after the company went down and broke my heart.

SOTA was also great.. I have a lot of their Street Fighter figures... never owned their Now Playing figures but always wanted their Darkman, Mummy, and Leprechaun toys.

This one's outside of the parameters of the article, but I miss Marx Toys! I collected some Johnny West stuff as a lad (hence my avatar).

Ah, Palisades. Their muppets are among some of the greatest toys ever, and have a shelf of their own in my display.

Back