3 Signs that You May Need a Break from Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfraMan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I Hope this isn't too much of a Buzz-kill but it's a topic that should be addressed. When is Collecting just Collecting and When is Collecting an Addiction that could cause harm to you or your family. Take a moment and check out this article. Its important that all collectors are self aware as to when its time to take a break from collecting figures. Check Out The Article HERE:

addiction-to-collecting-figures.jpg

I doubt such people would even read this article. :lol

maybe they collect alot of horror movie 1/1 statues, causes harm by giving family members headache.

or when they wake up during midnight for a toilet break they forgot Jason is standing in the living room and with a split second of lightning strike they though there was a maniac standing in their living room, falls down and hit their head, or worse, chuck out a shotty and shot at it, just to realize TC was standing behind it trying to dust off some dust and got shot.

I'm not harming myself or my loved ones and I couldn't be bothered to read that article so I doubt anyone that has real issues with collecting will read it either. Besides, if you have a lack of financial discipline and/or unchecked obsessive tendencies then you're going to have problems in life regardless of whether or not you're involved in this hobby.

2 Signs that You Don't Need To Click That Link?

1. You have no money.
2. You have no credit.

If you have run out of space for you collection and are dipping into money for living expenses....you are way past the "problem" line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This whole article is stating the obvious and discussed countless of times in other threads.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is it a sign if I kicked out my girlfriend from my house, packed up all her ****, placed it in storage and now I have all the rooms to myself for my figures and statues....just me and my precious, precious hot toys and prime one statues....oh, so precious that I imagine them looking at me as I whack off while I slowly lose my hair and I keep the blinds closed 24/7 because my eyes are starting to resent sunlight.
Is that a sign? I have the space, the money, and I am not stressed....right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The article says don't buy figures you can't afford, don't have room for, or don't like. Some real pearls of wisdom there. :lol

well there are people whom buy toys they can't afford/have room for/don't like but they buy it because it's the cool thing to do.

Back