Affluent women should stop pressuring their children into becoming mothers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CmdrShep2154

Freakalicious
Reaction score
https://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/privileged-rich-girls-summer-camp

These girls can have everything in the world yet their parents are pressuring them into motherhood!

These girls shouldn't be pressured to be a mother or career woman. They should be free to find out what they want to do in life and pursue their dreams!

Fortunately, my parents did not pressure me and respected my hopes and dreams! They also gave me what I wanted!

If I was a young rich girl I would want to travel the world, rise up through the ranks of an multinational corporation, and have sex with as many men as I wanted to.

I will teach my daughter or daughters to not hesitate to rub their happiness, success, wealth, and sex life in the faces of these rich New York mothers!

If I was a young rich girl I would want to travel the world, rise up through the ranks of an multinational corporation, and have sex with as many men as I wanted to.

tumblr_mq449gD1zk1qdhpygo1_500.gif

There's plenty of non-affluent moms doing the same.

Coincidentally, U.S. birth rates have hit an all time low.

And it does become more difficult as you get older, being affluent will make the IVF route more attainable (so there's that...).

There's plenty of non-affluent moms doing the same.

Coincidentally, U.S. birth rates have hit an all time low.

And it does become more difficult as you get older, being affluent will make the IVF route more attainable (so there's that...).

Dont worry, immigration and refugee relocation is going to bring those rates up big time. Its going to triple the rates and make america fertile again! :)

Dont worry, immigration and refugee relocation is going to bring those rates up big time. Its going to triple the rates and make america fertile again! :)

Wrong, snowflakes will toss 'em out. You're a citizen right crows? You bad hombres, you!

https://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/privileged-rich-girls-summer-camp

These girls can have everything in the world yet their parents are pressuring them into motherhood!

These girls shouldn't be pressured to be a mother or career woman. They should be free to find out what they want to do in life and pursue their dreams!

Fortunately, my parents did not pressure me and respected my hopes and dreams! They also gave me what I wanted!

I will teach my daughter or daughters to not hesitate to rub their happiness, success, wealth, and sex life in the faces of these rich New York mothers!

1NdL30v.jpg

Women are outliving men in every country in the world, despite facing higher levels of poverty than men, greater odds of encountering sexual violence and many additional, diverse forms of discrimination.

But while women are living longer, it’s unclear whether their wellbeing is showing comparable strides. As women gain political, economic and social freedoms, one would expect that they should feel even more contented relative to men. But this isn’t so.

The “paradox of declining female happiness” was pointed out by economists Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers, who also happen to share a house and kids. They analyzed the happiness trends of US citizens between 1970 and 2005 and found a surprising result.

Stevenson and Wolfers discovered that American women rated their overall life satisfaction higher than men in the 1970s. Thereafter, women’s happiness scores decreased while men’s scores stayed roughly stable. By the 1990s, women were less happy than men. This relative unhappiness softened after the turn of the century, but men continue to enjoy a higher sense of subjective wellbeing that is at least as high — if not higher — than women’s.

So why is this? Evidence supports the idea that women’s rights and roles in the home in the US and Europe have not moved in step with changes in the workplace. Therefore, because women with jobs often do most of the chores and childcare, they shoulder a dual burden that cuts into their sleep and fun. Long commutes are thought to make British women more miserable than British men because of the greater pressure on women to meet responsibilities at home as well as work.

When the dual burden is carefully measured – as it has been across European countries – the results illustrate the influence that expectations have on how happy we feel. Experiencing the dual burden leads working women in Sweden, for example, to feel more miserable than their counterparts in Greece, probably because Swedes’ expectations around gender equality are more ambitious. (Fewer than 35% of Swedish women do three-quarters of the housework, compared to 81% of Greek women.)

Expectations also lie behind the curious finding that performing household chores makes men statistically less likely to become depressed but contributes to depression in women. Taking on housework seems to encourage men to judge themselves as generally likeable, fair-minded dudes, kindly reducing their wives’ load. On the other hand, taking on housework seems to make women feel exploited.

The social history of Switzerland, where women weren’t allowed to vote until 1971, reveals the subtleties of employment expectations on happiness. A decade after Swiss women gained suffrage, the country’s citizens voted in a referendum on whether the constitution should be amended to state that women deserve equal pay for equal work.

Different parts of Switzerland voted very differently. Unsurprisingly, cantons (Swiss states) with a high proportion of votes in favor of the amendment were recorded as having a small gender wage gap some years later. But strangely, working women in areas with strong traditional values – where most people had voted against equal pay – were happier than working women in liberal cantons.

Even though their salaries were further below those of the men around them, the women in more traditional communities were less likely to report discrimination than their countrywomen in more liberal areas.

Men live longer when they marry younger spouses. Why don't women?

This inside-out result probably arises from different cognitive comparisons. Women in liberal communities are less happy and notice discrimination because they automatically compare their opportunities and salary to everyone else around them, men included. Traditionally minded women perhaps base their identities more firmly on their gender roles, and think only of other women when they evaluate their privilege and opportunities.

This kind of difference might explain the lessening happiness of American women. As women’s rights and opportunities have increased, it seems reasonable that women in industrialized countries have internalized ever more complex and optimistic expectations, and judged reality against these. Asked how satisfied she is with her lot in life, the housewife of the early 1970s probably just reflected on whether things were going well at home. The same question today evokes evaluations across many areas of life.

Declining happiness among women may seem depressing. But who ever claimed an expanded consciousness brings satisfaction?

Last edited:
Snowflake gonna get you! You can't hide in a toy forum for long.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Snowflake

That definition stuff is very recent. Politically motivated trolling.
Snowflake used to simply mean An overly sensitive person that doesn't take criticism well. That was it.
Overly sensitive, easily offended people. Regardless of politics. Anyone could be snowflake, didnt have anything to do with whitey

Every generation sets up the next, for good or ill.

Humanity is still trying to figure itself out, racing toward the future sometimes almost outpacing itself.

Back