What is going on with Photobucket?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakor

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped using Photobucket last year because of all the ridiculous ads you have to scroll through - but I've been noticing a recurring problem here with images hosted on PB by other members. Now, instead of seeing the images (I.E., member sigpics), I now see "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting". Is this true or did these clowns get hacked again? Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Thanks in advance for any info and sorry for the post if it's irrelevant. :monkey3

Photobucket is the worst. I stopped using it because it crashed my computer every time I used it. Now I post pics from my phone using Tapatalk. It's so much simpler and easier.

They changed their terms and conditions on 28 June.

You now cannot have any third party image hosting with a free account and need to upgrade to one that costs $39.99 per month.

Sucks.

Wow. After this everyone should just boycott Photobucket entirely. They already make a s*** ton of money from all of those bloody ads, and now they have the gull to charge us for their services?! With any luck maybe they'll go out of business. :pray:

Glad I switched to Imgur last year.

PB is actually the only site I've ever used. I think I have imgr or whatever it is, but never use it. Which one do you guys think is the best?

PB is actually the only site I've ever used. I think I have imgr or whatever it is, but never use it. Which one do you guys think is the best?

Instagran, google photos and flikr are ALL MUCH better, more reliable and easier to use that photocrapper for hosting and organizing

Imgur is easy to post quick pictures to the forum. For quick replies (they also host pictures but u cant make folders)

Even tinypic is easier to use for quick sharing. No one should ever bother with photovomit.
You might as well be still using internet explorer

JvSYG7C.gif

Instagran, google photos and flikr are ALL MUCH better, more reliable and easier to use that photocrapper for hosting and organizing

Imgur is easy to post quick pictures to the forum. For quick replies (they also host pictures but u cant make folders)

Even tinypic is easier to use for quick sharing. No one should ever bother with photovomit.
You might as well be still using internet explorer

I use imgur for reddit etc, but it just doesn't like SSF's (specially if you are mostly on mobile). Think the code here is too old.

IMGUR is quick and easy to use. But the comment section filled with too many participation trophy winners.

Ugh... I have a lot of images on PB and I stuck with them due to not wanting to have to switch to a different service and rehost all the images I already have. So now it looks like I'll be in a worse situation as I have even more images. I already pay for the service (it was on the pay plan they seem to have done away with) but it's nothing like the $400 they are now asking for. And no way I'll pay that... I just have to accept that my images will be lost.

Same here, been using PB since 05' but I will also end it all here. All my photos had been backed up but it will take time to sort things out and going through each one. There is no way I'm going to pay 400 USD for the service I seldom use. Can somebody here help out and list recommended sites?

Never used it. Always used the attachment option here. It seems like Photobucket is a dying site. I knew something was wrong with it when I tried to save images that people would upload and I needed cookies on to do it. Then I would see options to buy printed images.

Back