new to 1/6 figures...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yearofthespider2k3

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm new to 1/6 scale figures. I'm planning on doing, what I feel are, some great customs from a particular icon in the horror industry. I just have no idea where to start. I've been looking at lots of bodies as I feel that is the best place to start. What are some tall slender type of bodies? Is it worth it to go with the "seamless" bodies if the body won't be visible with the clothing? Should I go with a standard type of body? Where do you guys find loose parts?

I would suggest visiting the custom section and looking through all the work there. You will be able to find some good inspiration and. eBay has a lot of stuff and is a good place to start. If you are just making them for yourself, most of the bodies can be modified to fit the proportions you want. Seamless bodies are ok but not the most accurate in regards to human proportions. If the joints are hidden, I wouldn't bother with them.

Good luck.

I'm new to 1/6 scale figures. I'm planning on doing, what I feel are, some great customs from a particular icon in the horror industry. I just have no idea where to start. I've been looking at lots of bodies as I feel that is the best place to start. What are some tall slender type of bodies? Is it worth it to go with the "seamless" bodies if the body won't be visible with the clothing? Should I go with a standard type of body? Where do you guys find loose parts?
I wanted to get into this as well. I'd love to see what you do sir. If your making horror figures. ..this is certainly up my alley. Love to hear more of what you've got in mind!

I've checked this place:

https://www.monkeydepot.com/default.asp

You could also look at:

https://www.phicen.com

I hope this helps!

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet. For hardcore horror fans, this figure will be great. I've gotten a few pieces to start with for now. I'm going to build the first one as cheaply as possible just to get my feet wet and get it going. Then i'd like to work on the figures more in-depth.

I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet. For hardcore horror fans, this figure will be great. I've gotten a few pieces to start with for now. I'm going to build the first one as cheaply as possible just to get my feet wet and get it going. Then i'd like to work on the figures more in-depth.
Lol. Well, best of luck to you then.

I've thought about making 1/6 scales myself at one point but I don't have the space to get into any crafts at my apartment so hopefully this'll be something for my future self.

But don't be afraid to just throw queries into Google. There are lots of companies selling g parts and things like this for not too too much.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Back