Buffy Rock Candy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I was really disappointed with the pop vinyl offerings for Buffy. I am hoping with this line it can be larger and more fun. So far only 2 teases/P.O. for the release but it's a start.

I know these are just plastic toys but I like how fun they are.

580x384-piab-wk26-ch-BuffyRockCandy-041437-041710-042605.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Buffy Rock Cand

The Pop line was disappointing. So few characters made overall.

I like the look of the Rock Candy figs, but I don't know if I want to get into yet another Funko line..... I know if I get these I'll be tempted by other licenses.

I don't think they will make any more than the 2, either. For now I'll just order Buffy and then if they make more, I'll get more.

Funko have already announced that they are making more Buffy Pops.

It would be great if they made all the female characters, really don't like that they added male characters to the Harry Potter line. Buffy, Willow, Tara, Faith, Dru, Anya and Cordy would be a great set.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Where has it been announced that they're making more Buffy Pops? Do they have characters listed?

Where has it been announced that they're making more Buffy Pops? Do they have characters listed?
Brian confirmed it on the Funkofunatic forums. There is no list of characters as if yet.

9512abe63e05a70b61afe8d015744d36.jpg

These look great, but I can't help but feel that this has already been done with Electric Tiki. I'll stick with those. But I'll look forward to more designs in the future from Funko.

Second wave of Buffy Pops was revealed at SDCC, I don't have an image of the glams but they are:

Buffy Season 1 with crossbow
Dark Willow
Xander
Xander with eye patch (probably a Chase version)
Giles
Faith

Damn it. I really don't want to start collecting Funko Pops but, without any notable Buffy lines to speak of, I'll probably concede and buy Buffy, Giles and Xander. I'm just afraid that I'll end up with a room full of 'em given Funko's broad assortment of licenses. There are several video game, movie and television themed Pops that I'd have already bought if it weren't for my wallet's discouragement. I guess I'll have to practice some self-control.

Damn it. I really don't want to start collecting Funko Pops but, without any notable Buffy lines to speak of, I'll probably concede and buy Buffy, Giles and Xander. I'm just afraid that I'll end up with a room full of 'em given Funko's broad assortment of licenses. There are several video game, movie and television themed Pops that I'd have already bought if it weren't for my wallet's discouragement. I guess I'll have to practice some self-control.

Go for the Factory X props or the Sideshow maquettes, if you haven't already! You can get some of the PFs at a really good price too.

Go for the Factory X props or the Sideshow maquettes, if you haven't already! You can get some of the PFs at a really good price too.

I don't own any of them. I wouldn't mind the Sideshow Buffy maquette but the quality doesn't befit the aftermarket price, in my opinion. :(

I don't own any of them. I wouldn't mind the Sideshow Buffy maquette but the quality doesn't befit the aftermarket price, in my opinion. :(

I tend to agree with that sentiment, although I've never owned the maquette. I current own the Buffy (black dress), Angel and Spike Sideshow Premium Formats and I do feel like their quality has held up pretty well and as Chap said they can be had for a good price with some patience...

I tend to agree with that sentiment, although I've never owned the maquette. I current own the Buffy (black dress), Angel and Spike Sideshow Premium Formats and I do feel like their quality has held up pretty well and as Chap said they can be had for a good price with some patience...

I'd feel more inclined to buy the Buffy PF in question if her eyes weren't so derpy looking (judging by the photos I've seen, at least). Whereas Xander was my favourite character growing up, the older I get, the more I find myself favouring Buffy. She's as bad-ass as she is complex, and I'd love to have something of quality to represent her on my shelf. I'm just not sure if I'm sold on the currently-existing figures, and I thought the Funko ones would be an affordable compromise for the time being.

I'd feel more inclined to buy the Buffy PF in question if her eyes weren't so derpy looking (judging by the photos I've seen, at least). Whereas Xander was my favourite character growing up, the older I get, the more I find myself favouring Buffy. She's as bad-ass as she is complex, and I'd love to have something of quality to represent her on my shelf. I'm just not sure if I'm sold on the currently-existing figures, and I thought the Funko ones would be an affordable compromise for the time being.

Yeah, the early Sideshow PF paint applications didn't do that sculpt any favors. Mine is up on a shelf to where you can't necessarily get an up-close look at the "derpiness" and it's immediately recognizable as the iconic Buffy outfit and pose.

Yeah, the early Sideshow PF paint applications didn't do that sculpt any favors. Mine is up on a shelf to where you can't necessarily get an up-close look at the "derpiness" and it's immediately recognizable as the iconic Buffy outfit and pose.

Good call. Besides, if I'm going to spend that amount of money on a Buffy figure then it's going to be on the throne maquette. It's just a shame that the likeness isn't quite there where the maquette's concerned. I've seen the Faith figure from the same line and the likeness is good; how'd they manage to botch the series' most important character? :gah:

Back