Can this be a knockoff?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ready to pull the trigger on this but looking through the feedback, this guy has sold about 20 of these. Could this be a Hot Toys counterfeit? Are these that readily available still? He has positive feedback on all off them. Has anyone bought anything from this seller?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-MMS367-1-6-Scale-Star-Wars-Finn-First-Order-Stormtrooper-Exclusive/263052351386?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44730%26meid%3Df6e30620c7d04c98a17f58736a84bdc9%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D382114432858

I can see this being legit. I know local sources (Europe) have some left in stock.

It's Singapore. Its pretty hard to get anything counterfeit from Singapore. Hong Kong on the other hand is a different story.
I say it's legit and he just got a bunch in stock that he couldn't sell.
But hope someone can clarify for you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They've sold quite a few in the last month or so. You'd hope that if it was iffy someone would have noticed and given appropriate feedback but as yet it's all positive.

You'd be covered by Paypal if you pulled the trigger wouldn't you?

They've sold quite a few in the last month or so. You'd hope that if it was iffy someone would have noticed and given appropriate feedback but as yet it's all positive.

You'd be covered by Paypal if you pulled the trigger wouldn't you?

Good points, I might take a chance.

Hey friend make sure the item is in stock before you buy. Sometimes the items take months to ship from overseas and the window to leave feedback expires. - making it hard to get a full picture of the sellers true rep. Also the window to file claims with Paypal closes as overseas sellers stall. This is often the case with scammer pre orders advertised at a steal
Be careful. Good luck!

Is there any reason this is so desired other than it was seemingly underproduced as compared to the rest of TFA HTs? Is the headsculpt any different?

Could you get a picture painter on the boards to weather and sweat up a normal trooper and a parted out Finn head, just to be safe?

Given the 100% feedback he's got, that is a safe leg to reference.

So i messaged the seller and asked if it came with a brown shipper, he said these don't have brown shippers ?

So i messaged the seller and asked if it came with a brown shipper, he said these don't have brown shippers ?

Hot Toys doesn't provide brown shippers for all their figures. Can't seem to recall if Finn came with one though. A Google search was inconclusive.

I'm assuming that only the ones going overseas get brown shippers. The ones being sold locally, i.e. mainland China and whatnot, since they aren't being shipped per se, don't get shippers.

I'm assuming that only the ones going overseas get brown shippers. The ones being sold locally, i.e. mainland China and whatnot, since they aren't being shipped per se, don't get shippers.

Correct, brown shipper is only for outside of the Asian continent , in the states sine they are being distributed from SShow they have brown shippers.

BTW, i have 2 extra brand new ones if anyone is interested, these are from overseas so no brown shippers.

Back