need advice for small paint chip repair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chengda85

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can anyone experienced in statue repair or painting give me some tips, I accidentally dropped the base of a polystone statue (ARH arkhalla) and now theres some paint chips on it, there are also some spots where the paint has not come off but are deformed from the impact and has small cracks. Heres some pictures
MKzMbuW.jpg

mnh0Iv5.jpg
slAtq78.jpg

is it possible the polystone is damaged too or do you think it's just the paint?

Can I just paint over the chips with acryllic or do I need primer? Should I keep painting until the paint has the required thickness? how do I mix the colors to achieve that tarnished gold effect?

do I need to apply anything over the paint to seal it?

Thanks

Attachments

• slAtq78.jpg
    slAtq78.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 83
Don't know the size of of the damage, but put a couple drops of superglue on the chip to build it up a bit.

Just get some gold metallic, black and satin clearcoat acrylic paint.

Paint the gold.

Water down the black and apply it similar to the other black.

Once dry, apply the satin clearcoat.

For repairing just this sort of thing, i use superglue and Roket powder (fine particles of plastic). Apply superglue (1 drop for a small chip) then sprinkle the powder on top. Blow off any excess powder. If you need more buildup, repeat as necessary. Use needle files to tidy it up, than paint. The material is strong enough to drill and tap if required.

Don't know the size of of the damage, but put a couple drops of superglue on the chip to build it up a bit.

Just get some gold metallic, black and satin clearcoat acrylic paint.

Paint the gold.

Water down the black and apply it similar to the other black.

Once dry, apply the satin clearcoat.

thanks, a few more questions, if the chip is not very deep do I still need the super glue? what is the satin clearcoat for? also if I screw up will I be able to wash it off?

Back