How to paint cape of Hot Toys Quarter Scale Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ali1994

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently purchased Quarter Scale Batman. I knew there was an issue with the cape and I am hoping to solve it. There is a area close to one of the clips which looks like faded color problem. Also there are few dots around the cape that again looks like color fade problem but they are more like dots, I am assuming something was poured those sections. Are there any suggestions for me to paint the cape? If so, how should I proceed for best result.

Thank you

Pictures:

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

Which paint type I should choose? I am very new to these stuff :/

i really have no idea, its just the first thing that came to mind, try pming a pro customizer to see what they have to say on which dye is best for the cape material. There are some pretty cool guys on here which i'm sure will give you some helpful advice.

I would dye it grey first, then dye it again black. The bulk of the cape won't absorb the grey color, but you'll give the faded parts a jumpstart. I use Rit brand exclusively. Just follow the directions on the back. Get the garment completely damp before submerging it in the dye. Add non-iodine table salt after a few minutes. Stir often. After you rinse it let it air dry to make sure the color is right. You can always water treat it afterwards.

I would fill a Rubbermaid bowl with hot water dump a tube of RIT black dye
soak the cape in it overnight.
take it out dry it out on some paper plates with paper towels on it and call it a day

I would fill a Rubbermaid bowl with hot water dump a tube of RIT black dye
soak the cape in it overnight.
take it out dry it out on some paper plates with paper towels on it and call it a day

This!

Also, when it dries, make sure there are no folds or some darker due might accumulate there. Otherwise, just what Mr Ecko said.

Back