Prop Luke Skywalker ROTJv2 Lightsaber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixelpiper

Super Freak
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker ROTJv2 lightsaber prop replica. Full image album on Flickr

Design/Build: Twisted Melon
Base Hilt: Solo's Hold - Aluminum
Clamp: Roman Props replica Graflex - Nickel plated Brass
Clamp Card: Slothfurnace - Silicon PCB
Chassis: Goth3D & Twisted Melon - Nylon, Brass, Stainless Steel
Crystal Chamber: Goth3D & Twisted Melon - Nylon, Brass, Stainless Steel, Quartz Crystal
Sound/FX Board: NEC Spark Color 2
Emitter LED: NECree RGB, Carclo tri-lens
Battery: Panasonic 18650 Li-ion (with protection circuit)
Speaker: Railmaster Premium 28mm

• Sound/Visual Effects: 4GB micro-SD card loaded with 6 FX 'fonts' (profiles) with different sounds and different color sets. Can be cycled by pressing lower half of clamp card.
• ON/OFF operation by pressing top half of clamp card, saber is fully motion sensitive with multiple background hum sounds, swings, clashes, blaster blocks and more
• 9 switchable color sets for any font. Sounds, colors, sensitivity & power can be customized/replaced/changed/enabled/disabled via PC-based app.
• Crystal: Quartz, RGB lit to match emitter
• Chassis: Rotating "kill key" in 5.5/2.1mm charging port, 3 sequenced accessory LEDs, nylon hand-polished & finished in metalic paints with brass & stainless steel additions
• Box: MDF, Masonite, fir plywood, white oak, cotton fabric, eva foam, leather, with stainless steel hinges & brass hasp - finished in mixed paints (no lead) with protective clear coat & wax polish
• Saber and box protected with Renaissance Wax (museum-developed micro-crystaline wax)

Full "unboxing" - shows display box/stand and saber, with slide-show at the end:

LED and Sound Effects demo:

Full image album on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice! Did you assemble it yourself? I'm in the process of building my first two sabers and its harder than I was hoping:thud:

There's a stop-motion video on Flickr and I'm slowly editing live video of un-boxing and saber fx. :)

You have any advice on soldering? I've never soldered before and that's giving me the most trouble.

Can't really offer written advice, I've been doing it for more than 2 decades, it's just something that's natural at this point. :) IMO, video and then practise is how to best start. Check out some soldering basics videos on YouTube.

My only tips are to keep a clean soldering tip, use a tip size appropriate for the work size, temperature control and tin the parts before you join them.

Can't really offer written advice, I've been doing it for more than 2 decades, it's just something that's natural at this point. :) IMO, video and then practise is how to best start. Check out some soldering basics videos on YouTube.

My only tips are to keep a clean soldering tip, use a tip size appropriate for the work size, temperature control and tin the parts before you join them.

Yeah, I've been watching tutorials and they are helpful. I guess I just get nervous that I'm going to ruin whatever I'm working with. But thanks anyway. I'll be sure to post them when they are (hopefully) done lol

Crap on a cracker, that looks nice.

Who, or what, are Goth3D and Twisted Melon?

I'm not a saber collector, nor I have any knowledge about the accuracy of this particular saber, but it looks great with superb presentation. :rock

Updated the first post with a short "unboxing" video. I've cut a longer version plus another demonstrating the FX which I hope to have rendered by tomorrow.

Back